cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles

I have just signed up for NOWtv and wow, I have never seen subtitles implemented so poorly. 

They are way out of sync, disappear for minutes at a time and are completely unfit for purpose.

30 minutes into my free 7 day trial and I’ve cancelled already.

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

What device were you watching what programmes on?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeap, that is a known and very common issue. However, some people have reported that the subtitles work on specific devices. For instance, I have no issue at all when I watch using the Playstation 4 NOW TV app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've noticed the same thing watching on PS4, desktop app on a Mac, and iPhone app. There are threads several years old complaining about this, but no response or updates from NowTV. It's the most poor streaming service I've used. Very buggy and an outdated and slow UI. Not up to scratch to compete in the streaming market. I guess they're banking on their content drawing customers as it can't be found elsewhere, which has kept me so far, but only because I'm on a cheap introductory offer. Will be leaving once it ends.