cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles with BT box

Hi - how do I get subtitles on Now TV, I’m using the Now TV app on BT box? I can’t find any settings 🤔 Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

as far as I'm aware subtitles aren't yet supported on YouView boxes. I believe youview boxes are the only devices that are missing subtitle support, 😞 with regard to now TV. So if you have any other devices that support now TV, you should be able to watch with subtitles

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-now-tv-with-subtitles

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

29 REPLIES 29
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

You can always send an email to customer support with your complaint and also contact BT to lodge your complaint as well.

Email for NOW customer support in the below picture.

39154723-8C90-47BD-A9CD-3F1572224C72.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for your email.
You're right that it shouldn't be a problem for us paying customers to sort

D.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve got Now TV as part of my BT package through the BT YouView box. I’ve also got two Apple TV boxes each of which has the Now TV app installed. I can’t get subtitles on any of them. It’s very disappointing. If I can get BT to stop my subscription to Now TV I will be going back to Netflix where there are subtitles available on everything. I see this has been an issue for a few years now so I don’t expect Now actually care very much.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Subtitles are available on the Apple TV boxes when using the NOW App when the NOW content shows the S (subtitles) icon next to the content.

Don't know if these two articles help or not.

https://appletoolbox.com/how-to-turn-on-or-off-subtitles-and-captions-on-apple-tv/  

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-with-subtitles 

Unfortunately there is no subtitles available on the BT TV Youview box (no idea if this is going to change in the future).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried clicking on the bubble speech icon when you pause NOW content with the S icon on your Apple TV boxes (see screen shot).

Screenshot_2021-08-12-13-25-50.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable
That speech bubble doesn’t appear when I pause what I’m watching on Now TV via my BTbox and now I can’t open the app on my Apple TV boxes even after signing out on my BTbox. All I get is a message saying ‘Now TV is not available, please try later.’
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Perhaps try to delete the app and reinstall on the Apple TV devices?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’ll give it a try thanks.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

A few people have reported that the NOW currently unavailable message is caused by either by adblocking software on your Router is blocking the NOW App or some BT internet customers had to allow file sharing on their BT Router settings to remove the message on their playback devices.

If you type something like "NOW currently unavailable" in the Community search box you will find a number of results with more in depth information how to possibly resolve it.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

You will never see the speech bubble on Now on YouView, as Now on YouView does not support subtitles.

I do not know whose fault this is, but the YouView box supports subtitles everywhere else, so it is not any fundamental limitation of the box.

I also do not know when, or even if, Now, YouView and BT are going to address this.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.