cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles on The Wire

Hi there, 

I'm considering renewing my Now TV membership but want to confirm first if The Wire TV Series has subtitles? I wasn't sure how to find this out before signing-up.

Thanks,

Andrew

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When searching for a TV show or movie or browsing the NOW App and you see the S icon symbol under the TV episode or film discription then it should have subtitles available.

Here's the screen shot taken of The Wire where you can see the S icon symbol next to each eposide which denotes subtitles are available on the episode.

Just read the previous link guide on my first post how to trigger subtitles when watching NOW on your supported playback device. 

Screenshot_20211209-093623.png

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

If a TV show or movie on NOW has a s icon symbol next to it then it should have subtitles.

Looks like The Wire has subtitles when checking on my phone NOW App. 

If you have a Youview box then subtitles are not available when watching NOW. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-with-subtitles

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

When searching for a TV show or movie or browsing the NOW App and you see the S icon symbol under the TV episode or film discription then it should have subtitles available.

Here's the screen shot taken of The Wire where you can see the S icon symbol next to each eposide which denotes subtitles are available on the episode.

Just read the previous link guide on my first post how to trigger subtitles when watching NOW on your supported playback device. 

Screenshot_20211209-093623.png