cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles not synchronised

Hello, 

I am currently trying to watch Watchmen, but I am having issues displaying the subtitles properly. I have the subtitles on, but they pop on and off and they get stuck, falling behind the timing of the video and getting out of sync, which makes watching the show very uncomfortable. 

Any idea of how to fix this? I am watching it through the Now TV Windows App (this does not happen with the Now TV iPad App).

Thank you for your help! 

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exact same issue I had, I contacted the support team and they were useless and tried to blame the internet, even though there's no issues on my phone. Their PC app is bugged so subtitles don't work properly on it. The subs stutter, are slow, and sometimes just freeze and doesn't follow the characters when they're speaking. Now TV support are too useless to fix it and won't even acknowledge the issue. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

They simply don't care about giving customers subtitles.

I've been on at nowtv for years to provide subtitles and when they do finally provide subtitles they're not synchronised. I watch a episode of Girls and the subtitles were from the next episode. I sit and watch NOW TV with a deaf friend and we are both completely disgusted with the attitude that NOW TV has towards subtitles.  They are living in the past. They still aren't subtitles for The Walking Dead for Pete sake. Give it a year and they'll probably charge £3 a month for a subtitle package.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Absolutely terrible. Basically unwatchable. If NowTv can't get the subtitles to work, they shouldn't make programmes available to stream. The app isn't great anyway, but the subtitles simply don't work properly - fast slow, frozen - just useless.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same! For movies the subtitles work for three or so lines then they get stuck for few more lines. Ruins the movie experience to be honest. Nowtv get a grip! Who's going to pay for a subpar product like this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here, trying to watch Twin Peaks on the PC app, the subtitles are all over the place. They cut out randomly, sometimes it starts displaying subtitles from a total different part of the episode.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

June 2020 and this issue has yet to be fixed ?!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah this is a serious miss from NowTV. For years subtitles have been routinely malfunctioning (not working more often than they work) and they never bother to get their software people to fix it. Frankly the whole NOWtv player is problematic - slow and sticky. It's frustrating after using a really seamless service like Netflix to not have the same quality here. Ah well..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Today's date:  30/08/2020
Today I cancelled after3 months of frozen subtitles.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Anyone had any more thoughts on this issue? I'm using an hdmi cable for mirroring. Image perfect and audio but subtitles freezing and then restarting about 5 pieces of speech later. I've noticed at the end of the show that the subtitles (missing?) often appear on screen in super fast speed. Must be a solution?