cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles have gone missing 5 episodes in the American Rust

We have been watching American Rust.  I am deaf and need the subtitles/captions in order to understand speech.  The 5th episode has no subtitles.  We have tried shutting everything down but they have gone.  How do I get them back? I know about clicking on the speech bubble thing - it has gone although the episode info shows it is subtitled.

10 REPLIES 10
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

What device are you using?

Have you been able to delete and reinstall the app?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
TV. Sony

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Is it via YouView or downloaded app?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Roku.  Episodes 1-4 have titles and so does 6.  It is clearly an error on Now's part.  But annoying as we watched the first 4 episodes and can go no further.  It was just getting interesting too.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @gavs82008 

Just watched American Rust Ep 5 tonight (10th Dec) and the subtitles were back on.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks so did we!
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 

There are no subtitles on YouView for anything, but this is not the issue here.

I have just reproduced this on the Now app on my LG TV and on the Now app on my Roku Express 4K.

So I think this is a Now problem, and there is no merit in deleting and reinstalling the app anywhere.

I have alerted the powers that be to the issue.

I doubt that even turning the volume up very loud will suffice for us, so we will have to stop watching this programme until the issue is fixed. 

Though the good news is that we will be able to lay off the antidepressants for a bit 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks. They say they are looking into it.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also reporting problem. Is anyone at Now taking any notice? I note that on Chromecast it does say “subtitles not available “ for episode 5 of American Rust. Why subtitle episodes 1-4 and leave them off 5? Speak up now,NOW!!