cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles/closed captions not working properly

The subtitles on NowTV have never been great, but after a recent update of the NowTV Player they're absolutely awful.

They'll show a single line of speech frozen on the screen for 5 minutes, before showing another single line and cutting out again. Obviously this is just as useless as no subtitles at all - and from a quick scan of the forums I'm not the only person experiencing issues with rubbish captioning.

If NowTV is actively trying to drive away its deaf and hard of hearing customers, it's going the right way about it.

91 REPLIES 91
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m hard of hearing, and the show I’m currently trying to watch has NO subtitles available — there’s not even an option to turn them on in the app half of the time, which feels like a glitch that should be fixed by now. 
I’ve paid for a service that I cannot conveniently use, and as far as I can tell, NOTHING is being done about this?? Where can I get a refund for inaccessibility?? 

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hi Macy

To complain about the lack of subtitles and enquire about a refund, may I suggest that you send an email to the following address detailing the problems you are having.

Now TV Customer Services Email.jpgAs this is a customer led forum it is highly unlikely that Now TV are aware of the problems you are having, so writing to them directly is the best way to get your problems addressed.

UK Bob