cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Subtitles/closed captions not working properly

Yeap I just watched the third episode of The 3rd Day and the subtitles were working perfect (laptop). It's so weird that this is the only show that the subtitles seem to work on all devices.

Highlighted
Mentor

SAME RUBBISH SUBTITLES, 17/10/2020, WASTE OF SUBSCRIPTION, NOT RENEWING

Highlighted
Scholar

Just an update. I watched another one of the most recently added tv series, Brave New World, using the laptop NOW TV player software and the subtitles were fine, no problem at all! However, I have tried other recent shows, such as Two weeks to live, and same known problems as usual...

Highlighted
Observer

subtitles not working good for me,i won`t renew

Highlighted
Mentor

Customer service say that they are aware of the issue in Windows and Apple, that they are working on it, and this was initially raised more than a year ago!!!

Highlighted
Scholar

As long as its just Windows and Apple that has problems, eh!? ;D
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar

I checked older posts and I could find complaints about the subtitles since 2016...

Highlighted
Mentor

Very frustrating!! They either dont have the appetite to fix it, or the knowledge. It would be good to email the CEO, one if those things that never make it to the big fish up there in their hierarchy, otherwise the CEO would t be very happy, this is costing them customers and reputation!

Highlighted
Scholar

Also the subtitles for Riviera Season 3, which was recently added, work when using Windows NOW TV player. I'm not sure what is happening, it's like they have changed/ fixed something with the latest only shows. It makes me curious to also try maybe one of the newest movie arrivals... The sad thing is that the subtitles still don't work for the older series/ movies.

Highlighted
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Nicole123 

Watching Riviera Season 3 on NowTV on our Samsung TV; Episode 1 had subtitles OK, Episode 2 didn’t, Episode 3 said it had them, but they kept turning themselves off.

Subtitles usually work OK on this version of the NowTV app; Brave New World was fine, except that the app doesn’t remember our subtitles setting, and they have to be turned on each time we watch.

But we have noticed that the provision of subtitles often lags new series by a day or more.

NowTV still needs to up its game in this area.

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
(As long as you started the thread, and haven’t already accepted an answer)
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’ (the thumbs-up icon)
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks