cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitles/closed captions not working properly

The subtitles on NowTV have never been great, but after a recent update of the NowTV Player they're absolutely awful.

They'll show a single line of speech frozen on the screen for 5 minutes, before showing another single line and cutting out again. Obviously this is just as useless as no subtitles at all - and from a quick scan of the forums I'm not the only person experiencing issues with rubbish captioning.

If NowTV is actively trying to drive away its deaf and hard of hearing customers, it's going the right way about it.

91 REPLIES 91
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Absolutely agree, still December 2019 and subtitles are rubbish. I'm not going to renew my subscription. Hello Disney+

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here.

I am not paying for a platform that cannot provide a basic service that everybody else provides.

26/12/2019

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This issue is SERVICE WIDE, exactly the same across every device I use it on INCLUDING the now tv box I have! I too will no longer be a now tv customer

24/02/2020 (6 MONTHS from original poster)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

25/02/2020 still not sorted 😪

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s nothing short of disgraceful that this hasn’t been given immediate attention - I guess nowtv are just completely prejudice against deaf people?

What is the point of this community, it doesn’t appear that it is monitored by the company.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue in March 2020. Horrible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still an issue 23 March 2020. Please evaluate this!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still a problem over 6 months later.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Joined NowTV a few days ago and the subtitles are not working properly. The subs freeze for many seconds before they are updated. That's a shame.