Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Subtitled Shows - I'm trying to put together a list but struggling

**Edit - I found another**

Good evening all.

I've brought up subtitles before and I've noticed by chance that a couple of box sets now have them. But it's quite tedious searching for the subtitled content via all the channels. I was hoping some of you could help compile a list of the shows you've come across with subtitles.

So far I have (four haha)

1. Big Little Lies.

2. Tin Star.

3. You, Me And The Apocalypse.

4. Elementary (I've just found this one too)

I'm kinda hard of hearing so I rely on subtitles. I've watched all the foreign shows and now just looking for the others.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

On a side note. Wouldn't it be nice if NowTV compiled a list, or have they already done that and I've missed it?

16 REPLIES 16
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User It's really not a lot, but you can add Crystal Maze S1 and Californication S4. 

@Anonymous User is the person to ask about for keeping track of these things, he already has webpages that he's happy to share listing movie and boxset catalogues, he may have some info for subtitles he's happy to share. I'm sure he will respond in due course.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Cheers Andy

I did email NowTV and they said there was 20 box sets, but my guess is, some will be the foreign shows that have them embedded (Babylon Berlin for example)

I'm running out of things to watch so I'm just scouting around for something new until The Bridge 4 starts next week.

Thanks again 🙂

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 20? I think they're definitely counting world drama in the list there! There are certainly odd-episodes of quite a few shows that are subbed but not whole seasons - I always assumed those 'odd' episodes were part of testing. It's certainly frustrating to see how slowly things have progressed regards subtitles on the entertainment pass compared with the cinema pass, particularly when 'high profile' shows like The Walking Dead, Westworld etc don't have subs on new seasons. 

Can only hope something is round the corner.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's very frustrating at how slow it's progressing, snail pace actually.

Staying on topic. I've been emailing them and today I got this reply. Apparently they're adding subtitles to shows "every day". It's not true, obviously. I sometimes think the staff just tell you porkies because they don't have an answer.

NowTV email.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Had a look round the my now tv box and the ps3 app initially did not find any with the "s" that indicates subtitles apart from the ones that have already been mentioned.

Then did a search on the internet and eventually found a old website article  that mentioned the first shows that were subtitled these were

Alan Partridge’s Mid Morning Matters season 1
You, Me and the Apocalypse season 1 
Bring the Noise season 1

You, Me and the Apocalypse season 1 already been mentioned

on the other ones had a look at these and found

Alan Partridge’s Mid Morning Matters season 1 (does not seem to be on now tv at the momment)

Bring the Noise season 1 (on the ps3 app only episode 9 showed a "s" by it)

Also found 

Alan Partridge’s Mid Morning Matters season 2 is still on now tv and episodes 3 to 6 have a "s" by them

so it looks like the following episodes are also subtitled

Bring the Noise season 1 episode 9

Alan Partridge’s Mid Morning Matters season 2  episodes 3 to 6

it seems at the momment sky seem to be concentrating on subtitling movies (as there is alot more of those subtitled moviesthan tv programs). Also i wonder whether some of the other shows of their 20 may be on the kids pass. On the foriegn shows with burnt in subtitles i didnt see any with a "s" in the title but i suppose its still possible sky is counting these in the 20 tv shows

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also seen Game of Thrones season 7 mentioned in a thread as having been subtitled  (not on as a boxset at moment (may have episodes occasionally on live stream if thats subtitled))  when it was on as a boxset (sounds like the seasons previous to this wasnt subtitled though so unlees you have seen previous the previous seasons through some other means (e.g DVD's) this might not be of use)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that Thomas. I do find it odd that they add subs on season 7 of GoT's and not previous seasons, but that's NowTV for you. I've decided it's time I cancelled and got Sky or some other streaming service that cares about adding subtitles. I have till June then it's adios to NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

does seem a bit odd just to add subtitles on game of thrones season 7 . Have read on the now tv twitter feed game of thrones is back on the 1st june (maybe they will subtitle the other seasons before then) .Maybe now tv will get their act together on tv shows soon or maybe not (at some time they may be required to by ofcom). For the momment they seem to be adding movies with subtitles every day but only adding subtitles to tv boxsets very occasionally. From what i have heard other streaming services are alot better at subtitling tv shows. Wouldnt have thought it would be technically that hard for bought in series to be subtitled as the original broadcaster would have probably subtitled the show already

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I decided to start watching Tin Star. I got the first three episodes out of the way and I was really enjoying it. The it went pair shaped. Episode 4 has no subs. Episode 5 does, but then ep 6, 7, 8, 9 & 10 doesn't.

As you can imagine, I'm pretty peeved. Is NowTV trying to wind up us deaf/hard of hearing folk?

It's a joke tbh and they should start listening to their customers, but we know they won't. They're more than happy at taking a monthly subscription fee though. Makes me sick.