cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sounds cutting on and off

Watching Star Wars Revenge of The Sith and the sound keeps cutting on and off throughout the film. Very very frustrating! Example 1:21:13 into the film and missing key parts of the dialogue. 

Darth Vader is a good guy, yes? We may never know! 

39 REPLIES 39
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @gavs82008 

Well NG

Scams come in all shapes and sizes, unless these Ebayers' are trying to sell these white boxes as ornaments, because they are now totally useless, buying them is like throwing money down a drain.

Still, if people want to buy electrical devices without doing any preliminary research then so be it.

UK Bob 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I have the same issue driving me mad. I have cancelled NowTV Boost to see if that helps.

Alan 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive got 2 tvs with now tv sport on, the sound is fine on the tv using the tv app, but on the tv downstairs it goes through my BT Youview Box and it is worse than awful YET all other apps have no sound issues.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using BT youview for nowtv sports. Very regularly sound cuts out, any time day and night. Has been doing this for several months. 

I will definitely not pay the full rate of £33 a month for a service like this. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yeah mine is still cutting out, not as bad as it was but still there.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issues here no matter what we watch. Movies, entertainment tv, etc.  The sound keeps cutting out for a few seconds every few minutes and it's extremely frustrating. 

Really puts you off choosing NowTV to watch anything as you know it'll just annoy you while trying to watch something. 

Does anyone have a solution to this issue? 

Many thanks. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

If you are using a NowTV box or NowTV stick then maybe try these two suggestions below if the sound issue is prevalent on all nowtv content.

1. Whilst playing a TV show or movie with your nowtv pass, press the star button on the remote controller and make sure on the pop up option on your television screen the Volume Mode is set to OFF.

2. Should the above doesn't make any difference, go into the box or stick settings and under Audio try playing around with the HDMI sound options and start from Stereo.

There is no guarantee the above will work, but no harm giving it a whirl.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

youdoodle-2020-05-03T17-20-17Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i can't watch anything on the box and reading comments looks like most other people can't either. Can Now TV please sort this as its unwatchable

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi All,

Would you mind please let us know what content while the sound problem happened, please?

If we can confirm if any basic troubleshooting such as unplug power, switch on and off, install and uninstall, etc has been done, please?

Is this only happening to YouView device, please? Have you tried other devices like mobile or laptop, please?

Thank you.