cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound stuttering

I tried to watch Monsters Ink University and the sound kept stuttering so I literally couldn't watch it; really disappointed with this. Would like some sort of fix.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User & @Anonymous User,

Having tested this out on our box here I'm also hearing problems with the sound so I've gone ahead and raised this with the content team to be looked into and we should have it fixed ASAP.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Having the same issue with the sound stuttering while watching The Grinch! 

Checked settings etc and all OK. This seems to be a very common problem.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I sorted my issue by doing a reboot of the WiFi connection. It’s been perfect ever since. It’s a bit of a hassle having to log in to all my apps again, but it was worth it.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, I am trying to watch criminal minds season 1 episode 1 and that is stuttering with the sound too, it's so difficult to watch cz it's only mild but noticeable. I've tried resetting my wifi and that didn't work xx
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum,

In the interest in collecting information: -
Which make and model of Now TV playback device do you have?

Which make and model number of television do you have?
How is your Now TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a Polaroid on wifi any fixer please

Anonymous User
Not applicable

After trying to find answers to sound stuttering on Disney + and after reading similar sound problems here, it all boils down to changing the audio settings on the now tv box  to stereo. I have several now tv boxes, it works fine on all TVs apart for one (Polaroid). So I changed the sound to stereo. I've done all the other things like change hdmi cable, uninstall disney+, restart box. But simple audio change did the trick.  Hope this helps folks! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for posting, sorry for the sound issue with this episode. As you've mentioned it is only mild but there is some sound distortion. I will raise this with the team and we will hope to get it resolved as quickly as we can.

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Guys just joined NOW Tv and its cool, But sadly the sound on all channels live and boxsets drops sound every day sky sports news today lost sound for 30 mins so I tryed a film i was watching and it was the same on there too!

Reading the messages on here it looks like its never going to be fixed 😞 Pitty it works ok most of the time but just cuts the sound out 😞

Am using the black box model no 325575013655

Hope you guys can get this fixed in the future as I paying £31.99 per month!

Kind regards

Craig

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi Craig and welcome to the forum,

In the interest in collecting information... Which make and model of Now TV playback device do you have?

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi the model No 4200SK-UK for the two now tv boxes i have

I have three in total ive just used the freeview box via bt which only plays the movies and it does the same on that too as well as the now tv black box!

I use bt for broadband and netflix has been fine no problems with playback at all!! Just the now tv 😞

Thanks

Craig