cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound stuttering

I tried to watch Monsters Ink University and the sound kept stuttering so I literally couldn't watch it; really disappointed with this. Would like some sort of fix.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User & @Anonymous User,

Having tested this out on our box here I'm also hearing problems with the sound so I've gone ahead and raised this with the content team to be looked into and we should have it fixed ASAP.

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My now TV is stuttering all the time, it's happening on everything. Sometimes I reset the stick and it works but mostly it's not working or massively out of sync

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi yes me too, does anyone know how to fix it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've got sound stuttering and the sound going out of sinc on all of the films, but the TV and everything else is fine. Would love to know how to solve this. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My NOW tv sticks (we have 3) are all stuttering and skipping can hardly make out what is being said gives me a headache 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Here was me thinking it was just me. 

Reset the stick - doesn't work 

Pause and buffer - doesn't work 

I'm sat watching a crystal clear picture with sound that jumps like a scratched CD and bounces around erratically, with people in repeating things 4 and 5 times before a clear sentence and then the tale starts again. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My NowTV stick worked perfectly for 2 or 3 months, then

1) I couldn't access anything from the 'Best of Catch Up' screens (after a software update I think). Still doesn't work and I'm not going to reload everything and all that nonsense to try to get it back. No bother, go in through 'My Apps' to get round it.

2) Soon after, started getting the terrible sound stuttering and massively out of sync sound/voices. This normally happened from start-up (I switch it all off overnight) and could go on for ages, making things virtually unwatchable. Also started getting 'Oops, we have a problem...' almost every time at start-up when it tried to display the home screen. I was on the verge of returning the stick and getting a new one. 

Then I accidently pressed the star key (settings) from within a playing programme and got the sound settings pop-up on the left of screen (same from Youtube and Netflix). I had set it to 'night' or 'leveling' mode some time ago when it obviously didn't cause a noticeable problem.

Switched it to 'off' and suddenly all the stuttering and out of sync voices disappeared.

All bearable again now.

NowTV - Love the service but what the hell is going on with your system development ? Does nobody test (let alone develop) anything thoroughly ? The web site has had random bits not working at diffent times too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your post, I’ve been driving myself crazy for weeks googling how to fix my stuttering sound and out of sync problems. It only started in the very early new year and has been a problem nearly every night. Before the stuttering I also got the ‘oops’ messages everytime I switched on, the came the stuttering. Pressing the star key just now whilst I’m watching a program did exactly what you said it would, I’ve changed my volume mode to ‘off’ and it’s sorted it instantly. I can’t thank you enough fur sharing this, I have my sanity back!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm having this issue. Doesn't matter what app I'm on or what pass I am using. It comes on suddenly and doesn't correct untill I turn it all off and on again at the wall. I have the now TV stick.

Any help would be much appreciated please. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,  All I can say is I had trouble with Disney Plus on my Polaroid TV it just would not stop stuttering and out of sync.  I have a few boxes and a stick and it did the same thing on this particular TV.  I went to the audio settings on the Now TV box and tried changing the audio settings until one finally worked.  It's worth a try.  No trouble since.  Good luck and let us know how it went.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The sound glitches on mine a lot, like a wobbly underwater out of sync sound.

I have managed to fix it by going to settings, network, check connection. Once it resyncs to the Wi-fi the sound quality is usually restored.