cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound dropping on The Walking Dead (Season 8)

First the episodes kept comming & going & now the sound is doing the same - tried to contact NOWTV via the Live Chat & an advisor never arrives ???  It started with a word or 2 missing but now huge chunks of dialog (2 minutes worth) is not there - impossible to try & watch.

I have now watched other shows & no problems so it just seems to be The Walking Dead.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue here. Currently watching Season 8 again and episode 7 has some major sound issues. 

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same issue with Walking dead s8 - other series seem ok but still no tech solution from nowtv That said I believe walking dead s8 is on Netflix right now! That's my solution to this debacle.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The Wire is also having soun d issues 😞

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've experienced sound issues in series 7 and in series 8.  Near the start of Ep 7 of Series 8 a whole conversation has loss of sound.

I reported this to live chat days ago and even followed it up.

Does it really take that long for NowTV to upload a fresh install of programmes to its servers?  Unless they were given a faulty copy.  In which case it shouldn't take this amount of time to be sent a new one and upload it.

I'm rather sure I have experienced sound drops in the past in films and also in the Boardwalk Empire. 

Funny  pitch noises at times too.

I'd like to be able to watch these programmes before they get removed and my pass runs out.

I was told there are lots of other things I could watch.  That isn't really the point though, as I want to watch this in with a proper picture and sound.  It should not be taking weeks to get resolved.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'll add the sound dropping only seems to happen when watching with my black NowTV box.  The same section when replayed via a PC has not had sound issues.

Are different devices processed and linked to different servers?

I did come across an old thread where someone had issues months ago with their black NowTV box.  They were eventually sent a smart NowTV box and they said the sound issues did not occur.   Could there be some sort of fault with some black Now TV boxes and potentially with other devices?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Been getting small amounts (crackle / cut out) in the the early series as well, now up to series 5 ep 1 (lined up at the blood drain and bob says he wants to speak) and the sound goes off all together

useing a smart tv stick, (new in December)