cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound cutting out on The Wire episodes

I'm getting so annoyed!! Trying to watch the wire and EVERY EPISODE is losing sounds then coming back out of sync 😡 Ive even tried it with subtitles and theyre out of sync too! Does anybody know when this will be fixed? Thanks 

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is rediculous! The Wire sound problem hasn't been fixed in close to a month. Bought an episode on Amazon but so many of them on NowTV aren't working that it's not worth it to continue. When are you going to fix this NowTV??? Very shortly it's going to be time to end my subscription and throw my NowTV box with its rubbish remote in the bin! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK. Thought I was going mad.... This isn't good enough. I'm on a mission now. This will be fixed.... 

winterloner
Scholar

still not fixed, now tv should take the wire off the boxset list as its unwatchable and theyve known about this problem for weeks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone think Now TV even look at these forums? I don't. I contacted customer services, get the usual 'we'll look into it' then nothing changes. I really don't think Now TV give a stuff. Terrible service, time to cancel. i'm not paying for this rubbish anymore

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think I agree -  Sky are promoting the wire as a top rated boxet - which it deserves - but it is really pointless if the sound issues make it unwatchable. 

I do think it is pretty ironic that a series where the major premise is centred around capturing voice transmissions is ruined because Sky techical staff can't syncronise an audio file with the pictures

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Started on episode 9 again and all good so far (midway through episode 10 now). Looks like they might have fixed it. 

Great job communicating with your customers though Now TV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is unreal... I managed to put up with the stuttering sound until episode 8 WHICH IS UNWATCHABLE. Are they fixing this or should I cancel my subscription and head over to piratebay? Because at least guys over there check the stuff they upload is not broke and it doesnt cost me a penny.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looking at the other posts about sound issues from 2015,  I don`t think it will ever be fixed 😞

The Wire is a great series, just a shame about the sound issuess 😞

Think i may go try Amazon prime instead

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's happening on a lot of shows. Tried contacting customer service but just got in a loop of clicking "more" and getting back to the start. They clearly couldn't give a ****

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I had same problem since the wire came back on demand, thought it was my broadband speed but it's def not.

Please sort it out sky it's impossible to watch some episodes, completely unacceptable!