cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound cutting out - TV Unwatchable

Sound keeps cutting out on many shows I try to watch - it’s so often they are unwatchable.

I’ll stop my subscription if you can’t give me a fix.

And no, it’s not just one show it’s them all, inc Avenue 5 and Westworld

David 

18 REPLIES 18
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Hey David

Not a mind reader nor do I have anything to do with Now TV, except being a customer.

Since you've said very little, next to nothing, have you tried to do a factory reset of your device? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes, I’ve factory reset, read all the forums, switched the cables and turned it off and turned it on again all to no avail.
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

How old is your device?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good question ... it’s a box rather than a stick, it’s set at 720 px, even tho my tele is 1280. When  I try to set it to 1080 the screen flickers like mad.

I have wondered if this is related 

However I have previously watched lots of stuff on Now quite successfully, this having started around 3 or 4 months ago.

to be clear on symptoms, audio drops out always for the same length of time - 1/2 seconds, maybe every 3,4 or 5 minutes. The time between drop outs varies

D

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps @Anonymous User 

Hey Schnapps

Sounds like David's got an old white box.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

It’s a black coloured one actually, 3 inches squarish

D

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Watch something on NowTV with your NowTV TV pass and whilst the programme or movie is playing press the star button on your remote controller.

Then a pop up screen will appear on your television screen and toggle between the different options until it shows volume mode set to off.

I am also guessing you have tried a different HDMI cable and port on your television ?

Also go into your television menu settings and play around with the sound settings and HDMI CEC settings to see if it improves things.

Would you have another television to test your box on to see if the same volume cut out symptoms persists ?

Other than that i am out of ideas.

ukbobboy
Legend

@schnapps  @Anonymous User 

If David's box is under 12 months old he can change it under it's current guarantee.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

Got it! 

Because my tv has only two hdmis input and I have Virgin, Now, Amazon and a Google dongle, I use a switcher cable where I can switch between Now, Amazon and Google

When I take this out of circuit and go direct from Now into a hdmi port, it works! And also when I use a different switcher.

This other (not faulty) switcher also allows me to play at 1080 without flicker

I note I’ve not had this problem with Amazon and Google, so it’s pretty weird.

Anyhow, upshot, it’s working, I’m very pleased, and I appreciate both of your help to think this through and fix it

Thanks again

David