cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound cutting out - TV Unwatchable

Sound keeps cutting out on many shows I try to watch - it’s so often they are unwatchable.

I’ll stop my subscription if you can’t give me a fix.

And no, it’s not just one show it’s them all, inc Avenue 5 and Westworld

David 

18 REPLIES 18
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are using a NowTV Box or NowTV Stick have you tried going into the settings menu of the NowTV device and play around with the Audio options (start with stereo).

Also double check when playing something on NowTV by pressing the star * button on the remote that volume mode is set to off.

If you are not using a NowTV branded device, perhaps post back your playback device which is causing the sound break up problems where somebody on the forum may know how to fix it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

i have tried playing with the audio, but it hasn’t made any difference 

it’s a nowtv box

im not sure what you mean about the volume mode - where is the setting for that?

D

C3RBERUS
Scholar

Hi i had the same issue on my now tv stick. I looked all over the net to find a fix, when i couldnt find one i started to rule out what could be the cause of it. My stick is plugged into hdmi switch (2 port) alongside a amazon fire tv stick then a hdmi cable to the tv. I disconnected the stick and took it upstairs to my other tv and watched a whole film with no audio disruptions it was plugged directly into the hdmi port on the tv. I took it down stairs and plugged it back in and audio kept cutting out again? So i tried plugging the hdmi switch into another hdmi cable and problem went away. Realised i was using a hdmi cable i bought in 2007 for my ps3 (this was a cheap £5 that had version 1.4 written on it) this hdmi cable im assuming isnt compatible with the hdmi switch im using so went on amazon and bought a new hdmi cable that supports 4k transfer rate. Its been a week so far so good and no audio drop outs. This fixed it for me but i cant guarantee itll fix the issue for you or anyone else i also set the audio to stereo on settings rather than automatic unless you use surround sound etc. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for your reply!  Similar fix - for me it was the 3 way switch that I was using that was the problem. I changed it for another and now all is well. It seems the Now box doesn’t like old cables and switches!

Thanks !
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am using a youview box and having issues when watching live sport,   the video plays perfectly but we have periods where the sound just cuts out.   Wondered if anyone else has had this issue or could suggest a resolve.  

Considering cancelling my account as it spoils what is usually a good service.   

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the same issue!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Me too, also using a Youview box, cabled to an ethernet switch.  However, having read the above, I've plugged into a free socket on the ethernet switch - and after a short try-out, no audio dropouts yet.  No idea why that should work though;  if it recurs, maybe I'll change the cable.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nope, it's still doing it.  Really annoying.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have the smart stick, & also suffer from the sound dropping out, this has been happening for months now, but nobody is ever available to sort it out, extremely poor from now tv. i must say though, they are brilliant at charging money