cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound Stuttering

I noticed someone else had this problem but since the issue appears to affect specific episodes I thought a new thread was necessary.

I am trying to watch the Game of Thrones Season 5 finale and the sound is stuttering from the start. I also had this problem with the True Detective finale and as a result was unable to finish watching it as the stuttering kicked in the last 10 minutes of the episode - sure does kill the tension.

I know it's been fixed since, but this occured when I was trying to watch True Detective episode 2 as well and these are the only two programmes I've even watched. Why is this such a recurring problem? 

220 REPLIES 220
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The sound throughout all of True Blood is still terrible. I skimmed through most of it as I've seen it before up until season 7 and it's pretty bad, I'm finally on Season 7 which I haven't seen yet and the sound is terrible! Particularly Episode 7. Please do your jobs and sort this out. This has been going on for too long with too many shows and so far I haven't seen any improvment. We are not asking for much here, just simply the service we're paying for!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

We're really sorry for the problems you've been experiencing.

Our content team are looking into these issues and doing their best to get them resolved as quickly as possible.

I know it sounds a bit of a "brush off" but I assure you it isn't and I assure that we're taking this very seriously.

Sorry again.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been watching Mount Pleasant on my EE TV Box and the sound has started stuttering on the last few episodes (series 2 ep 4 onwards)  The streaming quality is excellent. Any ideas

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I have the same  sound problem on Modern Family S6E23 "Crying out Loud" and the iPhone episode S6E16 "Connection Lost" ...and yes they do have appropriate names - viewed via a 31.5Mbps BT connection to an XBox 360.  Had the problem often on other shows that previous posts have mentioned.

and while I'm here -

any way to turn off that annoying sound when you exit up a menu level? 

thanks

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV.

We'll need to get this looked into further for you. So we'll pass this over to our content team to see if we can work out why this has occurred. 

We apologies for the inconvenience this has caused. We'll try our best to get this resolved as soon as possible. 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi we're also getting the stuttering on Star Wars episodes 1 and 2 so far. On a Roku 3 player.its fine on all other shows eg Walking Dead. Please fix Star Wars. episodes 3 to 6 asap! Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post.

Sorry, just to clarify - do you experience sound stuttering with episode 1 and 2 or episodes 3 to 6?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi NOW Team,

This is still in issue in True Blood and seems to be getting worse. 

The sound and picture stutters in EVERY episode. The pattern is usually about a minute of clear sound and picture, then either the sound will cut out, or the picture will stutter, or both.

When are you going to resolve this issue? I have found numerous other threads like this and each and every time someone from the NOW Team assures the poster it will be resolved soon, and it never is.

Appallingly shoddy service. Please stop fobbing people off and do something. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post and sorry about the delayed reply.

I'm sorry to hear that, our content team does fix these issues, however they may take some time.

Can you please give us example seasons/episodes? Can you tell us what device are you using? This will help us resolve those issues quicker.

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been having audio stutter on every episode of Hannible Season 3, apart from episode 9. Ep. 10 is unwatchable.

Applies to both PS4 and Firefox.

This thread makes it sound like your letting your paying clients perform your QA for you.