cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sound Stuttering

I noticed someone else had this problem but since the issue appears to affect specific episodes I thought a new thread was necessary.

I am trying to watch the Game of Thrones Season 5 finale and the sound is stuttering from the start. I also had this problem with the True Detective finale and as a result was unable to finish watching it as the stuttering kicked in the last 10 minutes of the episode - sure does kill the tension.

I know it's been fixed since, but this occured when I was trying to watch True Detective episode 2 as well and these are the only two programmes I've even watched. Why is this such a recurring problem? 

220 REPLIES 220
Anonymous User
Not applicable

To be honest with you it seems to be a general problem with the entire service not individual episodes. I managed to get through 4 episodes of Season 4 of The Walking Dead (which were totally ruined) before getting fed up. I skimmed through a few others and they all have the same problem. I attempted S1E1 of True Blood and Games of thones but the sound was even worse so gave up after a few minutes. I've been using my laptop.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thank you for getting in touch, I've checked with the Walking Dead episodes and they do seem to play out fine however I do agree that the other two shows could be crisper and I have raised this to the team. We're aware of the sound issues and they are still looking to get these resolved.

I do apologise for all the inconvenience and trouble this has cost. Have you tried these shows on other devices?

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

There's definitely a problem and I've seen other people complain about it. True Blood is more distorted but the walking dead is more sudden dips but it's constant and very distracting. I've just checked S4E5 and it's like it from the very beginning. I did try running it though my TV and it's the same problem but now I've seen other people say the same thing it's clearly not the device that's the problem. Also both Netflx and Amazon Prime (Which I watched Seasons 1-3 of Walking Dead on) are perfectly fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When is this problem going to be sorted out?? I though it would be fixed by now but everything I try to watch has sound blips. It would be nice to get some feedback on what progress has been made and when these faults are going to be fixed, especially with it being the weekend.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Im watching season 2 of mount pleasant and the aound is very awfull it has been for the last few episodes this seems to be an on goin issue hope its resolved soon
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Aaaaaargh!!!! I've done EVERYTHING!!!! Game of thrones is UNWATCHABLE!!!!! Sort it out, PLEASE!!!!!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User, @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User,

I'm sorry I don't have better new for you right now.

We are aware of the problems highlited here and are working on getting this resolved as a matter of priority.

Unfortunately, it is unlikely that this will be sorted this weekend. Sorry.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

We have established that there is a problem and that you are ‘looking into it’ several times so there’s not need to keep repeating this. Instead could you please just answer my questions? When is this going to be resolved and what progress have you made so far? This has been going on for months and there are still the same problems. Please can you give some idea of when this will be sorted as I will be changing over to BT tv if this isn’t sorted this week.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

I'm sorry you are having issues with Game of Thrones

We are aware of this and are working to get is fixed quickly

Thanks for your patience

Regards

Sue

NOW TV Team