cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry we are not able to get that data!

Hi,

Bit frustrated after 2 evenings trying to web chat and being cut off!

I watch an episode of something then during the end credits the box to watch the next episode appears and I say yes watch now. All good so far then the rest of the credits play and I return to the episode list with a red banner across the top of the screen saying we cannot get this data please try again. The only way to start the next episode is to return to the main menu screen wait for that to load then select now tv app wait for that to load then my tv and continue watching. Which is a right faff not to mention incredibly annoying.

This was happening on a black roku box so after the live chat on Monday when I was told there was nothing wrong with now tv I had to speak to roku I decided to buy a now tv stick. After a right performance to get it set up I sat down to watch The Flash got to the end of the episode to see the same red banner!!

tried to do a web chat the advisor put a random comm not about not being able to save contents then disappeared 😫😫

If anyone can help I would appreciate it as it’s getting very tedious now.

thanks in advance

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

Sorry it’s hard to explain it. The remote is fine it’s the stick producing an Ooops cannot find data message / red banner on the tv

When you pair your device to the stick or box you can use the app as just a new remote control in the standard way, but you don’t have to. If you don’t use the virtual remote part of the app per se ie not hitting up down or the back arrow or select button

Instead you can just scroll through the thumbnails of the programmes on the app as if you intend to watch the show on your phone / tablet and when you tap on the thumbnail it asks if you want to watch it on the TV instead

It’s not casting the programme either it just instructs the box to find that programme and play it

I’ve probably made this even less clear ;0(

I’ll try and do a screen capture video tonight

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well, the only place you will see a message is on the TV screen, from the Stick.

But what I’m thinking is: suppose the remote is supposed to send ‘OK’, and the Stick will know what to do. But instead it sends ‘#*’, which the Stick tries to respond to, but can’t, and so gives that message.

As you said the app works, but the remote doesn’t, and I’m just trying to think of ways that could be.

Perhaps a NowTV staffer can tell us where the message originates from; is it coming from the Stick, or is it coming from NowTV’s servers, and what thing(s) can cause it?

That might help us further.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So using my phone as a remote works I can watch back to back episodes again without going to the home page 😊😊

I’ll try what people have suggested with the actual remote to see if this works too 

thanks everyone 😃😃

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have been getting the same message on my now tv smart box with Freeview. It’s a pain I think now tv needs to release a software update as there not been one since 22nd January 2019 over three months ago.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

I have an update on mine from 1st Aprilbut this is the smart stick not the box of course . I'd double check to see if yours is up to date. Despite this still having trouble with the OOOPS  messages. I tried re pairing the remote it has made no difference.  Using the virtual remote on the smartphone app still get the ooops message on many occassions

The only way I dont get the OOOPs. is by using the smart phone  app paired with my stick as if i was going to watch the show on my phone and then selecting watch on tv instead You can pair your now tv app with the now tv box  Hopefully this should help you 

Its a shame we have to fiddle about with this sort of thing rather than now tv just admit there is a fault or explain what the error message really means  but there you go 

IMG_0105.PNG