cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry we are not able to get that data!

Hi,

Bit frustrated after 2 evenings trying to web chat and being cut off!

I watch an episode of something then during the end credits the box to watch the next episode appears and I say yes watch now. All good so far then the rest of the credits play and I return to the episode list with a red banner across the top of the screen saying we cannot get this data please try again. The only way to start the next episode is to return to the main menu screen wait for that to load then select now tv app wait for that to load then my tv and continue watching. Which is a right faff not to mention incredibly annoying.

This was happening on a black roku box so after the live chat on Monday when I was told there was nothing wrong with now tv I had to speak to roku I decided to buy a now tv stick. After a right performance to get it set up I sat down to watch The Flash got to the end of the episode to see the same red banner!!

tried to do a web chat the advisor put a random comm not about not being able to save contents then disappeared 😫😫

If anyone can help I would appreciate it as it’s getting very tedious now.

thanks in advance

14 REPLIES 14
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Has this problem been on your nowtv box since day one ?

I have heard this mentioned before with customers using i believe a Virgin Media Hub 2 or 2.5 Router.

I don't believe it was ever resolved and the only way the Virgin customers could access the next episode seamlessly has the nowtv box intended was to upgrade their Virgin Hub Router to version 3 or above.

If you are using a different ISP then please ignore the above, where i am assuming you have tried all the general trouble shooting stuff suggested on the forum.

Hopefully other nowtv forum members knows of a solution how to fix this for you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you yes indeed we are on Virgin I will check and see about getting an upgrade as this has only been happening for about 3 weeks

At least I know what the cause is now 😊

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User   @schnapps 

This happened to me when on the Virgin Hub 1.....drove me mad and spent months contacting Now TV to no avail. I upgraded to the Hub 3 and the 'watch next' has worked perfectly ever since so hopefully this would be the solution for you too Smiley Happy

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lindzi 

I was thinking about you when i posted my first reply knowing you encountered this first hand.

Wasn't sure if you had the Virgin Hub Router version 1 or 2.

Thanks for clearing that up Smiley Happy.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks I’ll get in touch with virgin 😊

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello. Could you help? I get this message also on the now tv stick in the living room makes it very unsatisfying to watch a box set 

my older now tv box in the bedroom works fine 

I have a dual band router by Hyperoptic ( my ISP) a Tilgin HG2381_UK

my connection and speed is good and the stick connects to both 5ghz and 2.4ghz  same issues either way 

I contacted now tv chat but I was just sent around in circles with all the things I’d tried already ie resetting everything switching off router etc etc but these things just mean you are allowed to play the next 1 episode and the problem just returns for the next episode 

they ended up just saying I could take my stick back to Argos for a refund Which I can’t as it’s out of warranty now Then offering me a new one with a 50% discount

I just can’t work out what’s wrong Is there a problem with just my stick but not the bedroom box or router or is it a problem between the router and the stick 

should I pay for a new stick and if that doesn’t help just return it 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi

I was getting this message on both the tv stock and the newer black now tv box. I have virgin as my broadband and the older router so think that is the issue I just need to get in touch with Virgin. Bit odd that you don’t get the message on both devices to me that sounds like an issue with the stick rather than the broadband.

Sorry I can’t help more

Becky
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for responding

After a long series of live chats today I tried putting the stick in my bedroom tv and it works much better there Well it did for the 10 mins I tested it   Cant think why?  I then put it back in my living room tv and thought maybe its the power level coming from various usb sockets in different television models   So i changed the usb socket to a different usb input on my tv  and the stick seemed again to work great.

However after 30 mins I found it had gone back to working terribly again  I then tried plugging the sticks usb power into the wall socket but no ...  It was no help

Eventually Now TV live chat offered a special discount code if I bought a new stick and they would reduce my  monthly fee for 4 months So with that and the 2 free months I get with the new stick its not costing a penny.

Another solution worth considering is using the smart phone app as a remote and selecting the episodes through the app rather than on tv screen  (Tapping on gthe season thumbnails on your smartphone not using the remote at all )for some reason this overcomes the issue altogether   You can just pair your smart phone and tap on each episode after each other and the ooops message never occurs Go figure !

Hopefully the new stick will work well in the living room and maybe the old one will work okay in the bedroom  who knows. If not I guess it could be my own router aslo   Hope you get your stick working  as it should soon IMG_7113.JPGIMG_662500F7A8DC-1.jpg

RoyB
Legend

If going via the app works OK, but going via the remote doesn’t, this may indicate the issue is with the remote, perhaps asking for something weird(?) that provokes the message.

So a thing to try might be to take the back battery cover off the remote, and press the little black button thus revealed, to reset it. Also, while you are in there, check the batteries, if you have a tester, or try some new ones.

The Stick is, IIRC, supposed to tell you onscreen when the batteries are getting low, but if the remote has gone off song, this may not be happening.

You will need to re-pair the remote after the above.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.