cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry unable to play requested content at the moment. Please try again later

I can’t seem to watch anything tonight. I keep getting this error message. 

“Sorry! unable to play requested content at the moment. Please try again later”

Im on an iPad and have good internet connection. Have checked device is still registered and no others are being used etc.

Anyone know how to fix this?

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the same problems.  Exactly the same message “ sorry unable to play requested content at the moment, please try again later. Been trying to excess content on my iPad for 24 hours still haven’t been able to connector to anything. Does anyone now how to fix this?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

I have noticed a couple of iPad owners have reported this in the last 48 hours.

I don't own an iPad so i can only suggest the basic stuff like, reboot your iPad & Router and see if deleting and re installing the NowTV App makes any difference.

If still no luck, speak to nowtv live chat for further assistance.

Link below to live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you, will try and reinstall app and see if that makes a difference.
I’ve tried turning off the iPad doesn’t seem to make much of a difference.
What I did do is turn off the subtitles do you think that might have
something to do with it?
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I doubt switching off the subtitles would have effected the NowTV App not working, but see if switching back on subtitles again gives you access playing content on the NowTV App and if so maybe report the bug to live chat.

Another thing to double check in your iPad settings is that your iPad is set to the UK region assuming you are in the UK and not a nowtv Republic of Ireland customer.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps @Anonymous User

I found yesterday that it worked on my tv and on the stick but wouldn’t work on iPad for a few hours then it was suddenly fine.

Tonight it’s been working fine but has now stopped working.

Thanks for your suggestions @schnapps. I’ve rebooted and reinstalled and no joy so will contact customer services tomorrow and see what they say. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I re installed the app and its working fine now. Thanks for all your help.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Guys,

I've been getting this message for about a week now. Would it have something to do with a beta release of IOS recently?

I tried reinstalling the app but still have the issue.

Bizarrely, I get it on S1E1 of The Wire.....but not other episodes. I can't watch any of the Pacific...........very random but very frustrating!

This morning, I tried 6 programmes.....none of them work......yet I only have the issue on 2 of them now........4 hours later.....

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve also been getting this!! It’s only on my IPad all my software is up to date and I’ve contacted help twice and all they said was uninstall and reinstall and it keeps happening!! It’s happening on TV programs and films now! What’s the point of paying for something I can’t watch!! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Chat it just sends me back to community so I can’t resolve the issue on playing content, I have tried and same issue on both iOS and Android devices has anyone been able to resolve this?