cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sony Christmas channel

Can anyone view the Sony Christmas channel? It was available for free view from Tuesday, I have the box with an Ariel and tried rescan but still not able to find the channel. Any advice? 

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Were you receiving True Movies prior to Sony taking the channels over? Has there been a retune event in your region whereby some of the channels may no longer be available to you?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

When it launched I could get it for a couple of weeks. Now the TV guide tells me what's on now and what's on next , but a black screen. Literally one day I was watching it, 2 days later, nothing. Really annoyed, I watch this seasonal version of this channel (when it was true Christmas) every year. I'm in Derby, not sure whether that makes any difference. Anyone from now tv, any explanation??? 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem and I live in Somerset, was able to get true movies last year but have not been able to tune in to channel 50, Sony Christmas channel at all, have tried several times and nothing. Very disappointed.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you plug your TV aerial directly into the inbuilt Freeview tuner on your television (assuming your TV is Freeview compatible) can you find the Sony Christmas channel on your TV after a rescan ?

Should the answer be yes and a rescan on your NowTV Freeview box doesn't work, then sometimes a full factory reset on the NowTV box may or may not find the missing channel.

Can't guarantee it will work and you will need to setup the NowTV Freeview box from scratch again.

RMM71
Scholar 2

If you don't get a local channel on 7 or 8 then you will not get Sony Christmas Channel as True Movies which is what Sony Christmas used to be moved to only the Local Mux in June 2019.