cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Somethings not right

Hey so I'm watching on the app on LG TV, I'm trying to continue watching an episode of the prodigal son, watched 3 so far and my Internet went off, rebooted and my Internet is working again, now the issue is when I click on the episode it played maybe 15 seconds of that stupid mcdonalds advert (everytime!!!) Then it cuts of to the somethings not right, try again or look up nowtv.com status, I've looked at 2 or 3 other shows and no problems, is it just that one episode or something else? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue and i watch Now tv on xbox, I have tried resetting the console my router switching my tv back to factory settings which someone in a previous post made awhile ago, Though i don't know why that would work. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app too with no success, and as you say it seems to always happen during that stupid McDonalds advert and it is not just with one show i have tried to watch multiple shows and it happens on those too.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same issue and i watch Now tv on xbox, I have tried resetting the console my router switching my tv back to factory settings which someone in a previous post made awhile ago, Though i don't know why that would work. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app too with no success, and as you say it seems to always happen during that stupid McDonalds advert and it is not just with one show i have tried to watch multiple shows and it happens on those too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the exact same issue. Started last night around midnight, I was watching it no problem and when episode 11 from season 2 started I got the message and now all I can do is watch the McDonalds advert before ending on the same error page. Tried watching other shows and it's doing the same.

Can someone please help as yesterday evening everything was working no problem till midnight. I've searched and I can't find any updates that were made available on the 22nd.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

No-one from NOW will be able to assist as this is a customer to customer based forum. You are best to report the issue directly with NOW 

Live chat, by clicking "chat online".

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

Or sending an email using the address in the picture below.

Now TV customer service.jpeg

The best way round this is to of course take out Boost and this will rid you of adverts from on demand content.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/can-i-watch-without-ads

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s stressing me out I’m hooked watching The Sopranos, it’s my day off and I can’t watch it ahhh! Incompetence from Now is unreal all they keep doing is asking people what device they’re using, how have they not noticed what the issue is yet never mind fixed it! 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Well I just watched two episodes of Billions just fine on my iPad. 

There is a good reason why other users ask what device they are using is because the NOW branded stick isn't the best or most reliable. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine seems to be working now too, I wasn’t using a NOW branded stick 👍🏻

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m having the same problem. I’m trying to watch a program but the McDonald’s advert keeps stopping and coming up with somethings not right 

it’s really annoying me now, I’ve tried everything. It definitely is the McDonald’s advert that is causing the problem. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm pretty sure McDonald's are paying them for this to happen