cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Something went wrong

Hi iv been having problems for a few days now where an "oops something went wrong" box keeps popping up on my TV. Iv the box off and on and it's still doing the same thing. Can anyone help me as I'm having no luck getting through to customer services. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

A couple of people on the forum have mentioned this recently.

Out of curiosity who is your internet service provider, would it be TalkTalk or somebody else ?

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am guessing switching the power off to your Router didn't work 😡.

What playback devices do you have ?

If it's a NowTV Box or Stick perhaps try step 6 in this linked guide below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

Should the error message be happening on all NowTV content you watch (not one particular TV show or movie, then if it was me i would be tempted to factory reset one of your devices to see if it improves things).

Other than that maybe jump over to NowTV live chat (see link on page 1 of this thread that i posted).

I have my NowTV 4K box running throughout the day and during the evenings and don't seem to be getting this particular error message.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Iv not switched the Internet back on yet it's still off so iv not tried it as of yet. I couldn't get onto the live chat it was an automated one that was absolutely zero help this afternoon. It's very frustrating. 

I have 2 now tv black boxes. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have same problem been on chat here for quite a while sessions keep getting timed out!?!?!

It is NOT my internet either, it is the NOW TV system itself! 

I have reset my box done everything they suggested but still the same every 9 to 10 mins ... something went wrong message....

Cant watch a movie, cant watch anything without this happening every 9 to 10 mins...

It is so frustrating and so annoying!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know exactly how you feel its not good is it. Can't get through to speak with anyone either. It's very very poor customer service. Seems to be a now tv problem if lots are experiencing it. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same problem here today every 10/15 mins channel goes off   oppss message so annoying running it through app on smart tv.  everything on internet working fine  internet speed good. annoying

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Jump over to live chat to see if they know how to permanently clear the message.

Use the green chat button on this link page below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Now Tv is doing exactly the same on Catch up and live Tv, after 10-15 minutes the error message comes up,

I'll Try this once I can get the kids offline for 30 minutes!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Knocking off the power to your Router only helps sometimes under certain conditions when the "Something went Wrong message" is permanently showing across all devices and you can't clear it.

Should the error message keeps popping up every 10 minutes or so, then i doubt powering down your Router for more than a minute would make any difference.

You need to get in touch with NowTV live chat or send them a message via the blue highlighted web form on the complaints link i posted on page 1 of this thread.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can't seem to find the live chat link for some reason. 

Is there anyway you could send it to me again please so I can contact them properly. 

Thank you very much 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same issue for me, tried a live chat he suggested all the things I've already tried at my end, all the things suggested here. Then the session timed out. Very frustrating.