cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Something went wrong

Hi iv been having problems for a few days now where an "oops something went wrong" box keeps popping up on my TV. Iv the box off and on and it's still doing the same thing. Can anyone help me as I'm having no luck getting through to customer services. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

A couple of people on the forum have mentioned this recently.

Out of curiosity who is your internet service provider, would it be TalkTalk or somebody else ?

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

A couple of people on the forum have mentioned this recently.

Out of curiosity who is your internet service provider, would it be TalkTalk or somebody else ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am with talk talk yes. 

It's the first time iv ever used this so I'm a little unsure on how to look for the answers. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I had a sneaky feeling it was TalkTalk.

Another forum member had the same problem and i suggested to them to factory reset their TalkTalk Router or switch the power off on the Router for 30 minutes to allow the Router to acquire a new IP address which would then be done automatically.

They contacted TalkTalk directly and they pushed out a new IP address to their Router which seemed to fix and clear the error message.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Something-went-wrong-Again/m-p/544796#M11999 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you ill try turning it off and back on again after half an hour and see if that does the trick.

Thank you very much xx

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If that doesn't work, then maybe try speaking to TalkTalk support where it sounds there is something on the TalkTalk side blocking NowTV.

Hopefully it is just a rogue IP address on your Router which turning the power off for about 30 minutes will fix (fingers crossed).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have also had this problem, I'm not with talk talk, my Internet is with Vodafone, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app but its still going off 3rd of the way through a show,and the box is is through the ethernet, it's only started happening today, it was fine last night. Any other ideas?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

What playback device or devices are you using ?

Is the error message intermittent or occurring across all NowTV content and NowTV devices ?

If it's stuck on all NowTV content and on all your NowTV playback devices, then i would try the 30 minute power down on your Router.

Should it be intermittent and only effects one device, where others work fine, then it sounds like NowTV have an issue their end.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hiya

I have been experiencing the same Opps problem a third of the way through an episode, started last night and continuing today. I am not with TalkTalk and I have two different nowtv devices. 

I doubt it is a internet issue as Netflix works fine.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have 2 devices too. One upstairs and one downstairs and it's happening with both. It's really annoying. Can't get through to anyone via customer services though.