cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mossanimals
Mentor

Someone else is using my account?

I woke up, turned on my TV, saw I had an episode of a TV show to watch in my 'continue watching' and when it finished less than an hour later there was a whole mess of shows and movies in my continue watching. I checked my devices in my account and my TV and smart stick is the only one that's recently been active so what on earth is happening?

38 REPLIES 38
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

It has also now been reported over on NOW Twitter and the NOW Twitter Help Team tweeted back saying that they are aware of the issue and in the process of trying to fix it ASAP.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mossanimals @schnapps @Phoenix99 @DEVONPRINCESS @petecc 

Thanks for posting here to let us know, I've reported this and will come back as soon as I hear anything.

Thanks

Simon

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@mossanimals @schnapps @Phoenix99 @DEVONPRINCESS @petecc 

Just an update to say I've had confirmation that this is now being investigated. 

sb64
Scholar 2
  • Hi Simon-J just noticed my continue watching is wrong to on my Xbox One will check my other devices when i can.
sb64
Scholar 2

Just checked on my now devices,roku same thing is happening programmes are on that i haven't eaten are on my continue watching what is happening at now?

Stuart
Advocate

I logged out and logged back into my now TV stick and it now shows on my devices (each time I log out and in) that I have logged into ROKU. I’m aware it is a Roku device. But usually shows in deceives as a NOW Tv stick. On my app on my mobile watch list and continue watching are still showing 

petecc
Scholar 2

Website (Windows, Firefox) now looks right. Still random contents in Watchlist and Continue Watching on both Roku and Android.

Emmak81
Advocate

Thankyou for letting us know. I was worried my account had been hacked. So I changed my password as a precaution. I can't add a screenshot as there is no option to here. Just web links which I can't seem to do on my Android phone.

shazzam
Scholar

Hi same here.. so ive ended up resetting password which was also odd as i had an email from skyID too (never had a sky id account?) and now am wondering if my nowTV and a sky account are linked? If i log into skyiD and delete the account will it delete my NowTv account aswell?

Also how do i log out of all devices on my NowTV account? Have tried resetting password but there was no option to sign out off all accounts..?

please can someone help

thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @shazzam 

Do you have a Sky Store account or used Sky Store in the past, where I believe this uses a Sky ID.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sky-id-and-now