cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mossanimals
Mentor

Someone else is using my account?

I woke up, turned on my TV, saw I had an episode of a TV show to watch in my 'continue watching' and when it finished less than an hour later there was a whole mess of shows and movies in my continue watching. I checked my devices in my account and my TV and smart stick is the only one that's recently been active so what on earth is happening?

38 REPLIES 38
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @mossanimals 

I would have possibly jumped to a similar conclusion myself, but because there was no unrecognised devices or times used on your online Manage account Devices list then it would suggest that this was a technical blip with the Continue Watching and Watchlist NOW's end.

Hopefully it will get sorted soon especially with more and more people reporting the issue here.

Ciao
Observer

No, the title is perfect. The title helps one find this thread and you explanation as to what’s going on. “Someone is using my account” is exactly what I thought when I searched for answers. 

petecc
Scholar 2

Got the same sort of problems. Glad it's not just me. NOW seems to be having serious problem. Watchlist and Continue Watching not only wrong but changing from device to device and from time to time. Just made complaint over chat. Everybody else should raise the issue to make sure NOW knows what's going on.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @mossanimals @schnapps weird one. what device are you seeing this on, and is it the same across diffrent devices?

mossanimals
Mentor

I use a Now TV stick on my Bush TV but when I log in on my laptop I'm seeing something completely different.

Right now I have Sex and the City in my 'continue watching' on my laptop but I have "The Last of Us S1 Ep 2" on my TV. I've never watched Sex And The City on via Now TV and I'm on the final episode of The Last of Us.

Wait...no, I just refreshed on my TV and now I have The Last of Us S1 Ep 1, South Park S26 Ep3 and Seal Team S6 Ep 1.

On desktop I now have The Last of Us - unknown episode (it doesn't show) and it says I have 58 minutes left.

petecc
Scholar 2

@Simon-JI have this on Roku, PC web, and two Android devices....

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Simon-J 

NOW App on Android tablet.

Haven't got access to any other playback devices to check at the moment (though there is now four people on this thread who have noticed this).

petecc
Scholar 2

Service is basically unusable.

DEVONPRINCESS
Scholar

My watchlist is all wrong actually. I have a few on there but it’s not right 

Phoenix99
Advocate

Yes same issues just spent over an hour on the on line chat trying to resolve. Everytime I go on the app my watchlist and continue watching change. They had no resolve. Hopefully sorted soon