cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Snyder cut aspect ratio

Hi. I purchased a month of Now TV basically to watch the Snyder cut of Justice League, but the aspect ratio appears to be set to 4:3 and so has two massive black bars at the edge of the screen.

Other Now TV content looks fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sky & NOW are showing the aspect ratio what the Director intended (hence the black vertical bars on each side of the picture).

Here's a part copied review from the AVForums website.

Zack Snyder's Justice League comes to UK shores exclusively on Sky / Now TV, framed in open matte 1.33:1 and IMAX 1.43:1, which is yet another bold choice by Snyder but absolutely stunning in realisation. Sure, many will balk at the idea of huge black bars on the side of their TV

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sky & NOW are showing the aspect ratio what the Director intended (hence the black vertical bars on each side of the picture).

Here's a part copied review from the AVForums website.

Zack Snyder's Justice League comes to UK shores exclusively on Sky / Now TV, framed in open matte 1.33:1 and IMAX 1.43:1, which is yet another bold choice by Snyder but absolutely stunning in realisation. Sure, many will balk at the idea of huge black bars on the side of their TV

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Oh man that's really stupid. I have a particularly small TV too making it extremely prominent. Superb.

Thanks for the info though, I really appreciate it!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Here's an internet article talking about the aspect ratio chosen by Zack Snyder for the Justice League movie.

https://www.techradar.com/uk/news/justice-league-aspect-ratio-why-the-snyder-cut-isnt-in-widescreen 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for that link, it was interesting.

On a side note, now that I finished the Snyder cut I just wanted to point out that I got used to the aspect ratio pretty much immediately and it didn't detract from the film at all.

Film was absolutely cracking.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @schnapps 

Well  Fellas

I was shocked and stunned by the 4:3 aspect ratio, I felt something had gone wrong with the film. However, when I realised that's how "The Man" Zack created the film, I thought it was another WB/DC creative that had gone off his head, i.e. god complex.

But when I watched the full film, no breaks, I thought "This is how a film should be made", to borrow A2's words, "This was a CRACKING good film" and I sincerely hope that WB let's Zack the Main Man make the next instalment Justice League. 

And BTW, Zack's version of Justice League makes Joss Whedon's version look like a pile of cows' waste (and with only half the usefulness).

UK Bob

ukbobboy
Legend

Fellas

This is my verdict on " Zack Snyder's Justice League"

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@ukbobboy 

And BTW, Zack's version of Justice League makes Joss Whedon's version look like a pile of cows' waste (and with only half the usefulness).

I would hope so, he had quite literally an entire full length films amount of time extra that could be dedicate to making the mess of a story expanded and feel less rushed. Whedons version would have been good with that, and Snyders just as bad if it had to be cut down.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User  @ukbobboy 

In my personal opinion, the best thing we could do with the Whedon version is to completely wipe it from existence.

Having watched the Synder cut last week, I thought it was outstanding and surpassed my expectations which were pretty high. Really hope this take of the film can help continue the Synder verse, anything DC and Whedon related going forward certainly won’t be watched by me. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User   @gavs82008 

Hi Guys

First, Mike

When you said, "...Whedons version would have been good with that, and Snyders just as bad if it had to be cut down." Unfortunately, that's not strictly true, because of WB's internal politics Whedon went out of his way to destroy Snyder's vision of Justice League and stamp his nonsense on the film, which he thoroughly succeeded in doing.

So Whedon was not just brought in to finish Zack Snyder's film but to completely undermine it by trying to (fake) Marvellize it with misogyny, various "isms" and poorly thought out jokes (Whedon is no comedian).

Mind you, Whedon's cluster mess was not down to him alone, he was brought in and supported (aided and abetted) by other "no talent" WB execs, who are probably shaking in their boots right now as the World-Wide viewing figures for Zack (The Man's) Justice League start to come in and are poured over by AT&T, WB's new owners.

And Gavs

Yes, wiping JOSStice League from existence (and maybe the Multiverse as well) is the best thing that can happen to that mess. 

And, of course, I thoroughly agree with everything said in your post and and finally:-

#RestoreTheSnyderVerse

UK Bob