cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Slow In Adding THE FLASH to Catch Up.

For once I'm not going to write about my favourite series (Grand Hotel).

Why is Now TV waiting for series 1 and 2 of The Flash to be made available on catch up later  this month as a box set ?

Each episode of Series 1  of The Flash was  available  a few hours/days after being  shown live on Sky. Why was this system changed ? I am unable to watch The Flash live, so have been waiting all this time for series 2. I will have a lot of catching up to do.

Also read elsewhere on the community board that "Top Cat" has been removed. As this was my favourite kids programme I will not be renewing the kids pass (in protest)  when it comes up for renewal.

Michael.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Season 2 of The Flash is now available as a boxset.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

We have different types of "rights" for programs here at NOW TV.

We have "catch-up" rights where the episodes are available for 28 days after the show is first broadcast.

Then we also have "Box Sets" where at some point after the whole season of a show has aired we will then put up the entire season's for people to do a binge watch of a season.  We also try to put up Box Set's before a new season of a program as well to allow customers to catch up on any episodes they have missed before the new season airs live.

This is the case with The Flash .. Season 3 is due to air soon so we will out up the Box Sets to allow people to view before the new season airs.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

What you have written is.........., no I won't say it !

You have completely overlooked the points I raised in my earlier message.

Flash series 1 had each episode added to catch up one by one. So if seven episodes of the flash were shown on sky seven episodes would be shown on catch up. Does that make it any clearer?

At one stage at least three series of the Arrow were available on catch up at the same time, which have all since disappeared

Also Supergirl is another example where you added each episode one by one to catchup and then it stopped at episode 8 or 9 ,these episodes stayed on catchup for several months and have now has left catch up completely.

You must agree  that your response did not answer my question

Jason-C
Community Administrator

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Please have a read of this Help article to get an idea of why different shows or seasons have different availabilities: Click Here.

Each individual show may have different rights, depending on the deals made by the studios. In the case of The Flash, Season 1 is currently available as a Box Set. Season 2 is also returning as a Box Set later this month.

Season 2 was previously available on Catch Up, after it started airing live in October last year. The live series ended in May of this year, and the final Catch Up episode expired from the service at the end of June. You'll often find a gap between a show being available as Catch Up and Box Set - this period of time is also dependent on the studio deals. For example, we likely won't have the latest season of Game of Thrones returning until next year.

Hope this clears things up a little, but please feel free to let us know if there are any further questions!

Thanks,

Jason

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I must be ignorant or something.

You have not answered my clear questions concerning The Flash and other programs from the same studios ie: The Arrow and Supergirl.

You hide behind "rights" but they do not have anything to do with the FACTS regarding thse programs that I will use as an example. As I said before and I'm getting fed up with saying it. The complete series of The Flash has been on catch up for sometime. Each episode was added one by one, not in one lump sum. Supergirl too was added each episdode to catchup one by one until it reached episode 8 or 9 and stuck there before being completely removed. Also as I mentioned before The Arrow at one time had several series to view at one time before being completely removed. All three shows are by the same  production company and distributor as far as I can tell by the programs credits etc..

To me it seems that you do exactly what you like and blame it on the "rights" to get out of answering simple questions !

As a seperate matter seceral months ago  you had a good series of "The Judy Garland Show"  but only showed a mish mash of 10 of approximately 20 episodes that were made for the series.  I hope you are not going to say the "rights" would only allow you to show half the series !

Despite all this I like Now TV, the black box etc and everything is reasonably priced but the service is let down by not showing complete series etc which in my case started with "The Judy Garland Show".

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I think you are mixing up what NOW TV refer to as catch-up and as a boxset.

Catch-up is when individual episodes are added after they are shown live on the relevant channel. You usually only have catch-up episodes for the latest/current season and not for repeats or past seasons. 

Boxset is when all the episodes of an old/previous season are added in one go for people to watch if they didn't get to see them the first time round. Flash S1 is currently up as a boxset, and season 2 will be added as a boxset sometime this month.

For example, last October there was Arrow S2 and 3 up as boxsets at the same time as Arrow S4 was being shown on Sky One. So, being the latest season, episodes of S4 were added to catch-up each week for 30 days from broadcast.

Supergirl is now a CW production like Arrow, Flash but Season 1 was produced by CBS. Occasionally NOW TV are able to obtain extended catch-up rights for some shows where they are still added one at a time when they are broadcast live, but rather than each episode disappearing so many days later they all stay on until a set date. This is what happened with the last season of Supergirl.

The reason it appeared to stop at episode  8 is because the show then went on its mid-season break (no shows are broadcast in US for several weeks over Xmas) and so episode 9 wasn't broadcast until April. Once the show returned episodes 9 onwards were added to catch-up again as usual.

I realise it's all complicated for casual viewers though. 

For more info on how content works on NOW TV see the following help page

http://help.nowtv.com/article/Why-can-t-I-find-the-show-I-m-looking-for

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

@Anonymous User

The reason it appeared to stop at episode  8 is because the show then went on its mid-season break (no shows are broadcast in US for several weeks over Xmas) and so episode 9 wasn't broadcast until April. Once the show returned episodes 9 onwards were added to catch-up again as usual.

Hi @Anonymous User 

@Andy is mostly correct THE FLASH and ARROW seasons always consist of two parts, and the first part always consists of nine episodes, so it was episode 10 of each show that was shown after Christmas. The second part  of the previous seasons of these two shows actually started in March

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/Television-information/m-p/349888/highlight/true#M2047

The first season of SUPERGIRL was also split into two parts, but for that particular show the first part consisted of eight episodes. The second part of the first season of Supergirl started in April

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/Television-information/m-p/352072/highlight/true#M2232

To see when part A of the new seasons are starting follow the link below

By the way the information relating to the new seasons is no longer TBC , but I haven't updated it yet.

http://community.nowtv.com/t5/Forum-Info-Off-Topic-Chat/Television-information/m-p/396067/highlight/true#M3888

Now TV would only get these shows as box sets. If a particular season has finished airing on TV. That means part A , and part B have to be shown on TV first and even then it usually takes at least 12 months for NowTV to be able to get hold of a particular season of a show show as a boxset and it usually available for a significantly longer period than catch up content.

Catch up content is episodes that have just aired on TV and each episode of the current season is usually available on catch up for typically around 30 days (that episodes can be available for less time than that)

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
DarylM
Legend 5
Legend 5

Season 2 of The Flash is now available as a boxset.

If this has solved your issue please mark this as an accepted solution.

Those little green stars by my name mean that I'm a Community Contributor - not Now TV staff. I just try to help out if I can.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Whens season 3 of flash going to be on now tv
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User,

Most probably, all the episodes from season 3 will appear a few weeks before season 4 begins here in the UK. Which, at the time of writing, has not been confirmed yet...

Just-so-you-know... Season 4 is due to commence over in the USA on Tue 10 Oct 2017.

Cheers