cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky showcase and sky max

Hi there what’s going on with these entertainment channels we have got 2 of the channels with the same programmes on sky showcase and sky max both playing the same thing is this a error. I think one of the channels need to be replaced with another channel 

4 REPLIES 4
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The clue is in the name Showcase.

At the moment, it’s showcasing Sky Max; Magnum PI, with NCIS to follow.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Sky Showcase is a channel that will show the “best of content”.

Sky Max replaced Sky One. 

Often you’ll see the same content on Showcase as Max. It’s not an error.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Martin_14
Expert

It's interesting how other than some sport content like the final F1 race , they don't mention the Sky Showcase simulcasts any Sky press releases like Wolfe , Janet Jackson documentary , and just like that, A Discovery Of Witches and The Rising.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sky Showcase is a live linear channel only showing a mix bag of content from other Sky Channels with the occasional movie and some selective live sports such has WSL Football for example.

When Sky Showcase and Sky Max was introduced back in the summer NOW did have a dedicated Help article about the changes and what to expect on these two channels, but since the integration and over time NOW have removed the article (well i couldn't find it anymore during a quick search on their Help Centre).

This is the official Sky press release when Sky Showcase and Sky Max became available on the Sky / NOW service.

https://www.skygroup.sky/en-gb/article/sky-makes-changes-to-entertainment-portfolio-unveiling-sky-sh...