cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports Pass & On Demand

I'm thinking on buying a Sports pass but I have some questions that I can't find the answers to. I know that there is no record feature for sports, but I want to know if I missed the start of a premiership game, how soon is it available to watch OnDemand and how long is it available for.

Can anyone help answers theses?

17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

There is no real format for repeating sports events , they are repeated usually within 24hrs and frequently on the following program . 

I've learned over the years to plan ahead when buying a pass as it's very easy to miss the start of a live event due to "high demand" when activating your pass , if you try to activate a new pass within 30 minutes of the previous pass expiry  you will frequently receive an "oops something is wrong" message , 

My best advice plan ahead... 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Anonymous User the 'On Demand' service only went live last week so we're all still a bit new to it. As the Premier League hasn't started yet it's difficult to say exactly how quickly it is available to watch but, the F1 for instance, was available the next day so I'd expect the football the be the same or similar.

How long it's available for is another good question. None of the on demand content I've browsed has an expiry date (there are even matches from last season's championship play offs available) so I'd assume (dangerously) that as sky own the content, it won't expire.

Screenshot_20200910-110007.jpg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

You may have to wait until the first Premiership Game on Saturday to see what agreement NowTV have with the Premier League about how long the game stays on Catchup once it's added to the NowTV On demand service.

I noticed that there was a Rugby match on Saturday morning just gone, between the New Zealand North Island v South Island where it took NowTV until Monday early hours before it was added on Catchup with a 7 day time limit before leaving.

Also the Italian F1 GP was live on Sunday afternoon just gone and i noticed it was up on Catchup within 24hours and was showing a 7 day leaving expiry date.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@schnapps are your devices showing a different UI as on Android there isn't an expiry date on the Italian GP for me! Although, I have noticed that all the previous GP's have gone and only race highlights remain.

Screenshot_20200910-112703.jpg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Saint1976 

For some reason it doesn't show on the NowTV App on my Android Tablet or Phone, but if you start playing the full coverage of the F1 Italian GP and jump over to Continue Watching on a NowTV Box or Stick it should say 3 days left. 

It does on my NowTV 4K box.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@schnapps well unless they add expiry dates to the mobile UI I can see a lot of people getting caught out and asking here where content has gone!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Simon-J 

Please can you speak to the relevant NowTV Dept and clarify the contents discussed in this thread.

Should full coverage live events have a short expiry VOD date (for example the two live events that i  have mentioned in this thread) then why are these expiry dates not shown on all devices such has the NowTV App on Android mobiles.

I checked the NowTV Sports Pass Help Article and the information is a little vague about Sports on Demand.

Thanks.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am enjoying sky sports on demand service on now tv. I am looking forward to catch up on premier league matches as there are six games 2 matches Saturday Night Football, Super Sunday and Monday Night Football and three games in EFL championship on Friday Night, Saturday and Sunday lunchtime.

I have just sign up to the 12 months sports pass for £25 a month which was there in my exclusive offers to claim which I did.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like the full coverage of the Italian F1 from last week on Video on Demand hasn't left the NowTV VOD Sports Service (even though there was a 7 day leaving timer when watching on my NowTV box under the Continue Watching section after initially playing it on my tablet).

Where the North v South Island New Zealand Rugby Match which had the 7 day countdown leaving timer left the NowTV VOD Sports Service.

This would therefore suggest to me that there must be different agreements and licensing in place for different Sports Content.

I am a huge Rugby Union Fan and disappointed that there is no Rugby Union VOD category (only Rugby League) and there is no VOD for the Mitre Cup Competition in New Zealand which is broadcasted live in the early hours of morning 😠.