cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pete
Advocate

Sky Sports F1 Onboard Streams

During this weekends F1 coverage Sky Sports were really pushing their onboard streams via red button.  I didn't see any bonus streams available during the race I am using Amazon Firestick 4K.

Is there a plan to add this functionality to Now TV at some point, maybe with a better implementation than the bonus streams that seem really hit and miss?

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @pete 

At the moment NOW doesn't offer the 20 number drivers on board camera view like the red button service on Sky's implementation.

Someone else over on NOW Twitter did ask the same question and NOW tweet reply was It's not available on their Bonus Streams service and is only available via Sky.

Perhaps drop NOW an email directly asking them if this is something on their future road map under Bonus Streams.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Just got home and noticed that NOW have the onboard F1 drivers cam feature under the Bonus Streams section where there was an option to pick any of the 20 F1 drivers for the 2024 season.

Because I only caught the last 5 minutes of the F1 Practice 1 I didn't have time to check out the audio between the driver and team radio.

1000000491.jpg

jimgito

@schnapps how did you get this?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@jimgito 

Click on Sport top tab on main NOW App home screen, then when screen refreshes click on F1 (Lando Norris) box, then it should be two rows down just above Bonus Streams.

SimonNow
Mentor

@schnapps Cancel that, found it.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SimonNow 

Should be available on all devices that supports the NOW App.

Currently for me it's available on both my Amazon Fire Stick and Android phone NOW App.

Haven't checked my other devices but should be there.

Perhaps try a fresh NOW App download or a power reboot on your devices by unplugging the mains power for a minute.

Popeye13
Scholar 2

Its very much available. You go to the specific sport it relates to on the Now Sport menu (In this case, either F1 or Motorsport) and you'll see the available 'Bonus Streams' for the sports within. Now had not just the 20 OnBoard feeds, but the usual Pitlane Channel, OnBoard Mix and Timing Screen too. Its the whole lot!!

Same applies to Tennis, or Golf and Football (The extra EFL matches on mid-week for example) and Rugby too!