cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Replay and Sky Cinema Dolby issue

Hi all

With regards to now TV, i now access this via the new BT Box pro.

I have noticed with the 'linear channels' that Sky Cinema sci-fi and horror/Sky Animation seemingly nothing on there has no 5.1. (i know some films never had it but like the matrix definitely is a 5.1 film yet no 5.1 here). the others do show 5.1 but the odd film here and there even on those sometimes not a 5.1 track yet I know some films in particular were release like say from 2010 and definitely made with one (heck even by that time we were using dts-hd ma and/or dolby true-HD). This a licencing issue?

Also, sky replay. the only sky branded entertainment channel to my knowledge that isn't on now TV.

despite it being a 'repeats channel' it's content does not appear even on demand.. Notably the other half wanted to watch some reality tv crap and couldn't (I guess lucky for me), still joking aside, what is preventing that from being here? I understand Now is basically a 'sky lite' service but for some who are subscribing to BT/Talktalk now is the main source of premium content seems daft to omit it?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If your billing for NOW is directly via BT, you can get in touch with BT to resolve the issue. 

We would suggest doing the usual unplug your box for a minute along with the router. Perhaps doing a factory reset to the box. 

Do you have boost with BT? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

hasn't been installed long, and yes I have the boost.

To clarify the picture is in HD (despite my poor eyesight I can still spot the difference) - if I goto the same film via on demand then 5.1 is present.

it's no real issue as I can get round that, but was more a query than anything.

yes I am billed by BT so will echo the question in their forums thanks.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

It's very possible there could be a fault on there end with the feed or device. 

As being billed direct through BT you will have the luck of being allowed to call them for support

https://help.nowtv.com/article/contact-bt 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help