cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Shameful lack of Subtitles

There is an absolutely shameful lack of Subtitles.

After reading that Now TV had improved their offering, I thought I'd give it a free try. I signed up for 14 day trial & cancelled the same day.

I could only find two entertainment shows with Subtitles... that is shocking out of the 200+ available. There is really no excuse not to have subtitles available for the newly released shows that clearly have them available on TX.

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve noticed subtitle support getting better on shows that are on Sky One or Sky Atlantic - but still no subtitles whatsoever on Fox, SyFy programmes for example. 

RoyB
Legend

There’s a bug on Subtitles, on the NowTV stick at least and maybe on other NowTV devices, where the global setting doesn’t stick, and you have to turn them on show by show.

So don’t assume because they don’t show up that they aren’t there - press the * button and see if they are there to turn on.

Once turned on, they will last for the show you are watching and any automatic follow-on episodes, but leave the show/series, and they will be gone again.

NowTV have been made aware of the issue (thanks, @schnapps)

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gotta agree with you - Netflix are on the ball, Now Tv are stuck in the 20th Century, it's shameful. However, it seems that the new programmes are more likely to have subtitles.

I complained about 'City on a Hill' having a (S) on each episode, the 1st episode had subtitles but no others had them. Obviously a tech problem at their end and 48 hrs after my complaint [replied by email from Now Tv tech division] someone pressed the button - Hey Presto! Subtitles were there!

It proves it's worth complaining and somebody was listening. Hopefully they'll improve but we have to keep badgering them or nothing will change.  Keep up the good fight for people with hearing issues and those that just enjoy actually reading and understanding a programme because the dialogue can be impossible to understand at times without Closed Captions.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's no better now than the start of this thread 2 years ago. Both Netflix & Amazon Prime have at least 95% of their content with subtitle choice. I am seriously considering not renewing any of my 3 passes.