cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
huxley123
Scholar 2

STV Player cutting off end of programmes

The last 3 programmes I've tried to watch on STV Player have the last minute or so and credits cut off.

The app crashes and it goes to the NOW TV home page. So far it's happened with Vera S11E01, S11E02 & Endeavour S08E01.

Trying to watch the end again means a barrage of adverts and so far it's just crashed every time I've tried.

Anyone else having this problem?

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @huxley123 

I don't use any of the terrestrial catchup Apps apart from BBC iPlayer to be honest, but does these TV shows on STV also port across to the ITV hub or are they exclusive to STV ?

To be honest i can't be bothered to check both Apps, but if you can access ITV Hub see if these shows are also available and run without any glitches.

It's not a solution, but a temporary workaround.

huxley123
Scholar 2

Some progs are exclusive, some not. If in Scotland, have to register an English postcode on ITV hub to see some content.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @huxley123 

Perhaps report the glitches to both NOW live chat and the STV Player support team.

Here's the STV Player link.

https://www.stv.tv/info/contact 

Here's the NOW live chat link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@huxley123 
The only way I can successfully watch most content on the ITV hub is using a London postcode which is mental considering I live in Edinburgh. And I’ll be dammed if I’m paying £3.99 twice for an advert free experience across both apps, just because content is split if you put a Scotland postcode into the ITV hub.

Personally I find the STV player one horrific app. Is the content you are watching available on the ITV hub?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
huxley123
Scholar 2

I've changed the postcode so I can now watch them in ITV Hub.

I've messaged but not holding out any hope - past experience of problems is they just blame each other.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@huxley123 

Trust me mate I know the feeling, I’ve had massive rants to both companies and they refuse to take ownership of the mess that the content is in. 

My money goes to ITV for hub+ and I’m using the London postcode. STV player is just terrible and it’ll never see my money or use. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help