cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

SKY Comedy needs a PIN all of a sudden - sounds simple..?

this morning out the the blue sky comedy suddenly needed a pin for me to watch parks & rec. I knew immediately i never set one up so this was going to take up a lot of my day off to sort out.

i've been on the help centre which informed me that i had to have one so asked me to set one up.

i did this but of course, obviously it doesn't work & i keep getting an error saying it's the wrong pin on the telly box.

i have tried several times & i'm a bit sick of it now.

i'm already tired of this flaky tv service which has constant issues including constantly erroring while i'm watching something - last week it errored 4 times whilst watching a film.

does anyone have any suggestions please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like three live NowTV Entertainment channels also now require a Parental Pin similar to the live Cinema channels which has been enforced by OFCOM for a while now 😠.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-a-parental-pin 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous User
Not applicable

BTW this is on BOTH my devices and the issue remains after restarts!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry this won’t help but I’m experiencing the same issue on my Apple TV 4K, I’ve just tried Sky Arts, I’ve never set a pin, didn’t know you could.  I’ve been thinking about leaving so now I am.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looks like three live NowTV Entertainment channels also now require a Parental Pin similar to the live Cinema channels which has been enforced by OFCOM for a while now 😠.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-a-parental-pin 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thank you for taking the time to reply.

yes i saw that but didn't take too much notice as it says after 5.30pm and i've been having the issue since about 9am this morning.

The compulsory pin is completely stupid, there is no child in my house i need to protect adult content from!

but even besides this point, now i have set up a pin and turned it to OFF i am still being asked fro the pin and still being told it's wrong when i enter it!

its 1234 for gods sake, how can i be getting it wrong!?

sorry if it sounds like i'm ranting at you lol im not : it's just another nowtv frustration!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sky Comedy, Sky Atlantic and Sky Documentary requires a payment pin from 5.30 am in the morning until 9pm in the evening.

Where the white NowTV box and a couple of older legacy devices where the pin is permanently required for these three live Entertainment channels (even outside the 5.30 am to 9pm period).

It's not NowTV who have implemented this, but OFCOM.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

thanks for your help - i'm over the fact that a compulsory pin is stupid,

Unfortunately though the main problem that i can't get past is the fact that i have set up a pin on my laptop (it's 1234 in case anyone wants to break into my house to watch the mindy project while i'm out - this is just how stupid this is) as i was asked but when i enter it into my tv to try to access sky comedy it says it's wrong!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

BTW the tv is asking me for a parental pin not a payment pin.

i tried also setting up a payment pin just in case this was where i was going wrong but nope, still no access to sky comedy.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

It was a typo on my part should have said "Parental Pin" 😦.

I am assuming you have gone into your account on here under Settings & Pins and tried a different Parental Pin of your choice.

I use 1111 because on my NowTV Boxes & Stick it's the quickest path with the least amount of button pressing on my NowTV remote.

Also i am guessing you only have one account when changing your Parental Pin ?

Go to the NowTV App and the My Account section of all your playback devices to double check the login email or username used.

Apart from that i am out of ideas, unless your playback devices offer an option to delete and reinstall the NowTV App.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Out of curiosity can you access Sky Atlantic or Sky Documentary from the live now & next TV guide during the day once you entered your Parental Pin number ?

Or is it happening to all three live channels and you can't get passed the wrong Parental Pin number message ?

Do you have a Cinema pass and if so, is your Parental Pin accepted on the live Cinema channels or not ?

Also what playback devices are you using, where i am assuming you have followed these instructions on this help article linked below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/change-payment-pin-parental-pin-settings