cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Rugby on demand playing TV channel!

I just got a sports pass to watch the rugby. Live was OK on Saturday although I couldn’t pause the stream on my Samsung Q90 which is a bit 20th century (is this normal?)

Anyway I try to watch the “on demand” of the Scotland and Wales games today and both just went to the same place, which seems to be a TV channel (was showing the All Blacks game, then boxing later when I tried again). Totally broken. 

Tried live chat - useless - no effort to help - signposted me to the email [email removed] which I tried only to receive a reply which says…

Thanks for getting in touch. However, this address is no longer monitored, so your message didn’t reach us.

So there is NO support at all - community is it. Utterly unbelievable. Can anybody help before I make a complaint?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Unfortunately you can't live pause using the NOW App on Samsung Smart TV's.

The NOW TV Boxes and Sticks and Roku players allows for live TV pause when watching live nowtv content up to 30 minutes.

All four Rugby international matches on Saturday are on the Demand Sports Service.

I haven't checked if they are corrupted though because I watched all four matches on Saturday live.

What I would try is see if the on Demand folders run on your smartphone NOW App, then stop the stream and then give it about 5 minutes and hopefully it will be added to your Samsung Smart TV NOW App Continue Watching section.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Ignore the “email inbox full” as I noticed in other threads that they are indeed working. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ContentTeam 

Can you provide the link for the game in question for @Anonymous User to watch?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ContentTeam 

Again can you please ensure you tag the other person in your post? As I am only helping out @Anonymous User and have no interest in the content.

ContentTeam
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @gavs82008 

thank you for the note, will do

Anonymous User
Not applicable
How does this help me watch the game on the 65” TV?

I don’t want a URL to watch on a 15” laptop, I want the on demand service I’ve just paid £39 pcm for to actually work like every other on demand service on the planet - click the box that says “Wales vs South Africa” and it plays what it says. Please fix the links and revert when I can watch. Currently you are charging for a service that is not being delivered, and if it is not fixed pronto I will be complaining via your complaints dept and OfCom. Sort your sorry act out.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Open the links provided and if you have a PC start watching, then stop the stream on your PC and jump over to your 65 inch Samsung Smart TV and on the NOW App under the Continue Watching Grid row they should be then there to watch on your television screen.

Or alternatively open the links and click the "Add to My TV" button then give it about 10 minutes and see if it's added to the Samsung TV NOW App on the Watchlist Grid row.

Both Rugby Matches played fine for me when I tested them last night after seeing your thread post from yesterday.

Where I had no issues playing the Rugby on Demand content either on my tablet or large screen television via my Roku based in the UK.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Unfortunately you can't live pause using the NOW App on Samsung Smart TV's.

The NOW TV Boxes and Sticks and Roku players allows for live TV pause when watching live nowtv content up to 30 minutes.

All four Rugby international matches on Saturday are on the Demand Sports Service.

I haven't checked if they are corrupted though because I watched all four matches on Saturday live.

What I would try is see if the on Demand folders run on your smartphone NOW App, then stop the stream and then give it about 5 minutes and hopefully it will be added to your Samsung Smart TV NOW App Continue Watching section.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I just played 5 minutes of both the Welsh and Scottish on Demand Sports content folders from the dedicated Rugby Union section on my Android tablet NOW App with no problems.

If I wish I can pick up these two matches on my main playback devices on my television under the Continue Watching grid row.

20220704_191114.jpg