cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Repetitive Adverts

Its bad enough that for the same price entertainment pass, we now have to watch adverts during and pre content. BUT FOR GOODNESS SAKE! Stop showing the smae adverts over & over. I watched 3 episodes of Bel-Air last night & had to listen to Ewan McGregor going on about 'stuff'  TWELVE times.

This will not make me pay for the extra boost to watch advert free, which was a sneaky way to coin in on behalf of NOW tv, it will just make me go to Amazon or Disney. the content isnt that fabulous that i want to see the same adverts over & over again. 

For goodness sake if you're going to force me to sit through adverts at least put different ones on during the programme! 

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Disney+ will be adding adverts to the UK platform from next year.

Discovery+ also added adverts into its service this year.

Its common practice in the US to pay top price to get advert free experience. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Fair enough, but this is the UK. And since when does 'its common practice in the US' mean its an acceptable or desirable thing to do. 

No doubt all the streaming services will go that way in the end then, but what i objected to was the introduction of adverts at the same price we'd been paying without adverts. But there is no point in discussing that really because they will do what they can get away with, and if everyone puts up with it and pays more then they will keep doing it. 

I hope Netflix doesnt go the same way.

But my main point was about them showing the same adverts over & over on the same show. Its really really irritating.

I dont mind the ads so much as long as they vary them... But i suppose most people feel the same & so they dont vary them because they are happy for the adverts to be as irritating as possible so those that can afford it will pay more.

But it wont be me.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If it was me I would combine the entertainment and cinema memberships at a price of £9.99 with 1080p and 5.1 as default.

Then boost could operate as no adverts and 3 streams. 

Shoving in adverts makes perfect sense for additional revenue. Which is why Disney see it as a perfect opportunity to dramatically increase revenue with advertising.

When they do I’ll be paying to keep adverts out my viewing.

Thankfully I only pay £2 for boost. Mainly for 1080p and 5.1 sound.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am on all4 and I have just watched the same advert 6 times in one and break! I don't mind adverts but not 6 one after another in one break!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Yeah I couldn’t deal with the adverts on All4, possibly the most annoying ever. Getting All4+ was the best thing to put up with watching shows!