cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Red Button

Now tv needs to introduce the red button on Sky sports. As of the new season sky is showing more than one match at a time. But you need red button to watch different matches. 

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This needs to happen. Love now tv and has been brilliant for me an my current situation. Will have to move away tho if this doesnt become available. Simply if the option to watch my team every mid week becomes available else where ill have to take that option.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sorry Sky and NOW TV, but I agree regarding the non-availability of the red button football matches for NOW TV customers. I just parted with my dosh and now I find out that I will not see the matches I most care about.

is this a commercial decision or a technical issue? 

Any chance that things will change anytime soon please?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User  @Anonymous User

Hello!

The issue is a technical one, NOW TV doesnt have the capacity to show the interactive channels. We don't have any date or confirmation if/when this will be added however it is up there as one of the most requested features, so it's on the radar.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you for clarifying that. (Could you say that openly on the forum website?)

I am sure that there a lot of others in the same position - not everyone wants to see the handful of big Premiership clubs every week! If Sky is going to the expense of televising all the extra Championship matches it seems a pity they cannot be made available to the widest audience possible.

I have not been a Sky subscriber previously, mainly because I simply didn’t have the time to justify the cost of a subscription. However I have previously been happy to pay for day passes with NOW TV to watch my own team, which is Bolton Wanderers.

I have been enjoying the season ticket pass to NOW TV for the few days since my subscription started, the quality of the Test cricket has been very good and we will enjoy the Grand Prix next weekend. I hope we can see the US Open golf next week.

In conclusion, I hope you can find a way of expanding your offering of live Championship football as the market is definitely there at the right price....

James Ward
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too wanted to watch the Bolton game last night but was unable to locate it on the non existent red button!! The game was listed for broadcast on the now tv match schedule but no mention of it not being available. My day pass was a waste of money and I don’t want to repeat it, so come on Sky you must have the technology to resolve this issue.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too am a Bolton Fan (wow, that's 3 in this thread alone!) and was livid last night when I discovered the lack of Red Button functionality despite the game being advertised on Now TV.

I just got refunded but still disappointed. I had pizza ordered and everything.

It won't help everyone I guess but an alternative for us already with Sky Boxes and just want to watch the odd match would be for NowTV to come to an agreement with Sky to get them to send an Activation code to the box just for the duration of the pass (or a self-expiring one).
That would allow full access, be a better quality picture and reduce the internet bandwidth being used.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi,

Yes, 3 Bolton fans in this thread. Actually I overheard a conversation about our problem with no red button games when on the bus from Reading station to the match....

I did ask the company whether our red button problem is for commercial or technical reasons, and they replied that it’s technical and they are working on it. In commenting on your post, it’s my understanding that NOW TV and Sky are both part of the same company, so its unlikely to be disagreement between them. If I needed to get a NOW box to see the red button Championship games then I probably would.

Just to finish, I think the NOW season ticket pass if still worth keeping for the other sport they are showing, but I understand that that’s a value judgement and I don’t blame you for cancelling. Their promotion of NOW TV sports did not make it clear enough that there is no red button facility.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

This screenshot isn't ambiguous to me (taken a few minutes before kick off - the time changed to Live just after) and is the reason I got a day pass.
No mention of Red Button either - its just a live stream from NowTVs point of view. Sky just use it to split one channel into several.

Now_BWFC.PNG

I have a Roku 3 box and the picture quality wasn't great but Netflix is perfect.
I bought a NowTV box too to see if it gave a better picture and it did but still not great.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good morning. Just an idea @Anonymous User but I wonder if maybe there would be a way to make the Sky Sports app available to NowTV customers for the duration of the Live Red Button games so they could be accessed that way. It would be a compromise solution for those wishing to watch the extra EFL Red Button games.

BTW I fully agree with @Anonymous User in that the season pass offer recently on sale is well worth the money for anyone fortunate enough to have taken it up. Personally I didn't buy it for Red Button games as I've always been aware we don't get them (although the website did cause a lot of confusion around their availability this past week) and at £179 is fantastic value for all that's included on the sports channels.