cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PVLondon
Advocate

Real Time with Bill Maher Season 20

Where are the missing episodes of Real Time with Bill Maher Season 20 episodes 26.27.28.29. There is no content after episode 25.

8 REPLIES 8
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ContentTeam 

Can you investigate for @PVLondon ?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Alex01
Mentor

Had to pirate the latest Bill Maher episodes like the guy in Captain Phillips.

ContentTeam
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi, we have 27th episode coming to the platform by today. Unfortunately, episode 26 has been taken off from the platform due to insensitive jokes in the content. So episode 26 will be unavailable. Apologies. The remaining episodes from 28 will be updated on platform every Monday. Thanks @Alex01 @gavs82008 @PVLondon 

Alex01
Mentor

Hi,

I would like to ask why episode 26 of season 20 of Real Time with Bill Maher was removed from the streaming platform. The reason stated was 'due to insensitive jokes in the content', which specific ones however, I do not know, and am therefore asking for further clarification. 

One of the reasons why I keep my NOW TV Sky Entertainment subscription is specifically for this weekly show. To have episodes removed without notice or specific cause given to subscribers is bad practice on NOW TV's part because it is an act of unfair censorship. 

To outrightly delete an episode of a comedy show about political incorrectness because of 'insensitive jokes in the content' is not only ironic, but also condescending to the your subscribers (who literally pay for NOW TV's conent).

NOW TV choosing which specific episodes of a show people can watch because certain jokes may have seemed inappropriate to some, is a punishment to the rest, and bad practice. 

Thank you, and looking forward to your reasoning.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Alex01 

This happened with a episode of Catfish, when I reported the missing episode with MTV UK they couldn't tell me which parts were inappropiate. All they told me is that it wasn't allowed to be shown in the UK. 

You also need to tag the user in when replying to the post. Otherwise they won't see it.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Alex01
Mentor

@ContentTeam @gavs82008 @PVLondon 

Hi,

I would like to ask why episode 26 of season 20 of Real Time with Bill Maher was removed from the streaming platform. The reason stated was 'due to insensitive jokes in the content', which specific ones however, I do not know, and am therefore asking for further clarification. 

One of the reasons why I keep my NOW TV Sky Entertainment subscription is specifically for this weekly show. To have episodes removed without notice or specific cause given to subscribers is bad practice on NOW TV's part because it is an act of unfair censorship. 

To outrightly delete an episode of a comedy show about political incorrectness because of 'insensitive jokes in the content' is not only ironic, but also condescending to the your subscribers (who literally pay for NOW TV's conent).

NOW TV choosing which specific episodes of a show people can watch because certain jokes may have seemed inappropriate to some, is a punishment to the rest, and bad practice. 

Thank you, and looking forward to your reasoning.

Alex01
Mentor

@ContentTeam

Hi, 

I was just wondering if I should be awaiting a reply, justifying the censorship of ep 26 of season 20 of Real Time with Bill Maher, or if NOW TV has decided to avoid such questions. 

Thanks, Alex

RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

Some of us see everything 

ITYM “won’t be alerted to it” 😛

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.