cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: The Hurricane - Subtitles stop working after 1 hour 30 minutes

I'm guesssing this is just going to be ignored, it seems that way when ever anyone mentions poor subtitles. I'd say that I'm surprised, but I guessed that NowTV staff would ignore, it is what they've been doing for years. I'd love to be proved wrong though. I'll check back in a weeks time to bump this thread, then continue on a weekly basis until someone takes notice.

4 REPLIES 4
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User , 

Thanks for letting me know, i'm sorry I wasn't able to get back to you sooner. 

We'll get this escalated to our content team to look in to and see if we can get this resolved. As soon as we have an update we shall post in this thread.

I've also moved your message to our content issues board. 

Thanks

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Karl

I get an error message with that link you sent via PM. See below. Also, what about escelating all the movies, it seems there's lines of subtitle dialogue missing. It's not only on the movies, the box sets that have subtitles have lines of subtitles missing. It's literally everything I've watched so far. This is a major issue for people like me (hard of hearing) and even worse for those who are profound deaf.

This needs sorting, but I know what NowTV are like, they take years to sort things.

Ian

--------------------------------------------

An Unexpected Error has occurred.
  • Your request failed. Please contact your system administrator and provide the date and time you received the error and this Exception ID: 1D245999.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

-------------------------------------
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I made an official complaint about subtitles (the subject that is common on these boards) and I was kindly given a free months movie pass. I was reassured by a NowTV staff member that all movies are subtitled. Great, so I thought. I've just paused "The Hurricane" to leave this post. I reached 1 hour and 30 minutes and then the subtitles just stopped showing. As you can imagine, I'm gutted. I was loving this movie. Now it's ruined. There's also a major issue with so much dialogue missing. I just want to enjoy a movie or a show, is it really too much to ask. I've told myself so many times "avoid NowTV", but like a mug, I subscribe in the hope it has got better. I'm living in cloud cuckoo land aren't I. No matter how many years pass, this issue will always be the same.

I really wished this kind of thing was regulated. It might give the streaming services a kick up the rear to actually do a decent job of subtitling content for the deaf and hard of hearing. Why don't they care? they claim to, but it's kinda obvious they don't.

Apologies for the rant, I just wanted to let off some steam.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I just thought I'd come back and see if any staff members had posted. I'll tag @Karl-F and see if he can get this sorted.

A general quetion though. How come NowTV take so long to fix things that have been reported? a great example is episode 3 of Traitors. I remember a drama with a missing episode on All4 app not so long back, once I reported it, it was sorted within a few hours. It takes weeks with NowTV.