cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Neil-C-
Scholar

Re: Sound breaking up AGAIN!

I found the high pitched chirping very bad on this weeks episode of Walking Dead. Problem has been here, to varying degrees, for years. Effects various boxes, black or white. Interestingly Ive never experienced these chirps with 4OD, BBC iPlayer or any of thle other catch up services using the Now TV box.

0 Thanks
tvncara
Advocate

Re: Sound breaking up AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chirping on NowTV when i watch comedy central live (definitely during Friends).. I'm using a roku stick (which also likes to interfere with Sky News on freeview. it may sound weird or be a coincidence but seems to be on rainy days.. dont know if it weakens the signal but it's only sky related channels & mostly the news. the problem is solved temporarily though when i change certain roku secret menu settings to reduce interference or unplug the stick)

0 Thanks
Neil-C-
Scholar

Just curious, but which settings do you change that improves it and how do you access the hidden menu again? Thanks in advance, Neil

0 Thanks
spongebob13
Mentor

pesonally whatever setts u try to use, hard reset, manual reset, hdmi cable, etc etc makes no diffrence

i complained as i have 2 black boxes same models and each of them are the same (sound issues)

i asked for the smart tv box to be sent out as a replacement on live chat, as soon as it arrived, guess what, no sound problems,

it seems there is a fault with these black boxes hence why they are no longer for sale,

i wouldnt hold your breath on an update either, its been a known issue since last year, and still nothing as been done about it

apart from the usual "we'll pass it on" "its a known issue and will be sorted soon" etc

0 Thanks
Tuner
Advocate

The same sound issues are happening on our smart box. It seems to be since a system update. It’s on freeview, catch up and everything else. Can’t watch anything. Not sure what I’m paying for.

You say it’s esclated but what’s the solution. All these users can’t be wrong. We have done all the fixes suggested and nothing. Or we have to do them everyday.
0 Thanks
CactusLover
Advocate

All the problems previously mentioned and now YouTube is becoming unwatchable. Continually stopping and starting. No problems via my laptop. Anyone else?

0 Thanks
penash68
Advocate

Re: Sound regularly cutting out for a second during viewing

Had a first edition white box and after a year or so sound started cutting out for two or so seconds every ten minutes regardless of channel. Now have a black box plus new and faster internet connection, box cut out and rebooted today and now the same sound issue is happening. Have disconnected the box completely but this has not changed anything. Please could someone explain why when these boxes reboot this appears to always happen. Sky helpline have no interest in helping and just try to move me to becoming a full Sky TV customer, sorry been there seen that way to expensive.

0 Thanks