cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukbobboy
Champion

Re: Sound breaking up AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@Spacedeck

Hi SD

It's not just the Now TV black boxes that get the screeching noises, it on the Roku 3 as well. However, I do not know if this problem occurs with other Roku devices, i.e. Roku Express, Stick, 2, etc. or people who use the Now TV app on their PCs and/or Smart TV's as well.

Hope the tech girls and boys can come up with something, the screeching is very annoying.

UK Bob

0 Thanks
NOW TV Team Mary-E
NOW TV Team

@Spacedeck @Mina @HD4

Hi all, this is a known issue, which is being investigated. If you have Series/Episode/Time for any screeches, please feel free to pass them along. 

----------------------------------------------------------------
Feel free to tag me in content related queries!
Mina
Scholar

Hi,

i will I’ll rewatch the walking dead tonight via the app on my LG tv to see if I get the screech.

Nickarla
Scholar

I get this to often as well. Started watch Fantastic Beasts tonight and within 30 minutes a horrible high pitched screech that completely spoils the mood. More concerningly what damage could this cause speakers? I’m about to hook up some Kef T301 speakers. Is it safe to do so?

I have tried buying 3 different Now TV boxes and they all do it. Sorry but this has been going on for months. What’s being done about it as it’s not really acceptable?
0 Thanks
Mina
Scholar

Screech not happening through app on LG tv.

i am now using the Roku Streaming Stick + and so far have not heard this screech.

0 Thanks
George7229
Advocate

Hi I have had a now smart box since August last from the start I have had audio drop out on one channel nat geo wild I don’t get any problems with any other channel or program it’s just about five seconds of silence if I rewind it does it again same place like you I’m getting a bit frustrated with it I’ve tried on iPad no problems any help will be helpful my box is connected to a Samsung curved hd tv which I have checked for updates there all up to date 

0 Thanks
Oriax
Mentor

@Mary-E As this is a long standing and well known issue any chance of an update for your long suffering paying customers please ? I’m sure there are a lot if people like me who experience this every day and either do not know about this forum or think it is now so commonplace it’s not worth mentioning. If I was to offer any constructive criticism it would be the lack of information we receive back on the issues we raise. Not good when you consider how much better at communicating with their customers the alternative suppliers are. Ultimately even If the black box is not fit for purpose then bite the bullet and tell us.
0 Thanks
Matthew1234567
Scholar 2

Hi, i'm glad i've found this thread and i'm not the only person who suffers from the annoying occasional high pitched clipping sounds that make me jump!  Sometimes the picture for a split second also has vertical coloured stripes, without affecting the sound.  I have the small black box and these happen when waching live TV on all channels including Sky 1 and UKTV Gold.  Interestingly i also get occasional clipping sounds when watching on demand programs, as when i replay the scene back the sound happens in exactly the same place. 

I get very good internet speeds, connected via ethernet and connection recently has been checked by an engineer so know this isn't an internet issue my end.  The TV is new so is not that.  I have tried everything that has been mentioned in this thread including changing the HDMI cable and hard resetting, but still get the same issue.  I have not read many of these posts yet so can anyone tell me if this issue is any closer to being solved please ot if there is something i haven't tried?

Balgedie
Advocate

Breaking up sound with the Now Box clicking. Appears to be an unsolvable problem over a few years.

Anyone found a solution yet?

0 Thanks
spongebob13
Mentor

Re: Sound breaking up AGAIN!

any up date of the known sound issue that was aksed last year !!

0 Thanks