cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Sound breaking up AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich-L

the sound on the box breaks up no matter what channel or program you watch,your boxes are badly designed and if its not sorted by march 31 i will be cancelling my subscription.

it is not only on my now tv box but also on my daughters bow who lives 1/2 mile up the road.

stop passing the buck and blame tv channels and get the boxes sorted out.

Colin.

66 REPLIES 66
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have a black nowtv and experience these screech issues. It happens at random points. The old white boxes didn't exhibit the issue. I use cables ethernet and have FTTP. Some shows/films have the issue more than others. It's extremely annoying and ruins the enjoyment.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too get this occasional screech whilst watching now tv via their black box. It happened again this evening whilst watching the Walking Dead via catchup.

Spacedeck
Scholar

This is obviously an issue with the black boxes. Maybe a firmware issue? It's still happening for me also, @Anonymous User please can you try find out what's going on?
ukbobboy
Legend

@Spacedeck

Hi SD

It's not just the Now TV black boxes that get the screeching noises, it on the Roku 3 as well. However, I do not know if this problem occurs with other Roku devices, i.e. Roku Express, Stick, 2, etc. or people who use the Now TV app on their PCs and/or Smart TV's as well.

Hope the tech girls and boys can come up with something, the screeching is very annoying.

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Spacedeck @Anonymous User @Anonymous User

Hi all, this is a known issue, which is being investigated. If you have Series/Episode/Time for any screeches, please feel free to pass them along. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

i will I’ll rewatch the walking dead tonight via the app on my LG tv to see if I get the screech.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Screech not happening through app on LG tv.

i am now using the Roku Streaming Stick + and so far have not heard this screech.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have had a now smart box since August last from the start I have had audio drop out on one channel nat geo wild I don’t get any problems with any other channel or program it’s just about five seconds of silence if I rewind it does it again same place like you I’m getting a bit frustrated with it I’ve tried on iPad no problems any help will be helpful my box is connected to a Samsung curved hd tv which I have checked for updates there all up to date 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I get this to often as well. Started watch Fantastic Beasts tonight and within 30 minutes a horrible high pitched screech that completely spoils the mood. More concerningly what damage could this cause speakers? I’m about to hook up some Kef T301 speakers. Is it safe to do so?

I have tried buying 3 different Now TV boxes and they all do it. Sorry but this has been going on for months. What’s being done about it as it’s not really acceptable?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User As this is a long standing and well known issue any chance of an update for your long suffering paying customers please ? I’m sure there are a lot if people like me who experience this every day and either do not know about this forum or think it is now so commonplace it’s not worth mentioning. If I was to offer any constructive criticism it would be the lack of information we receive back on the issues we raise. Not good when you consider how much better at communicating with their customers the alternative suppliers are. Ultimately even If the black box is not fit for purpose then bite the bullet and tell us.