cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Sound breaking up AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich-L

the sound on the box breaks up no matter what channel or program you watch,your boxes are badly designed and if its not sorted by march 31 i will be cancelling my subscription.

it is not only on my now tv box but also on my daughters bow who lives 1/2 mile up the road.

stop passing the buck and blame tv channels and get the boxes sorted out.

Colin.

66 REPLIES 66
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well as an experiment I tried to play the same show again to see if it happened again in the same place, and it did. My entire setup (TV, Black box, internet router, etc) has been off and unplugged overnight and all day today as well, and im guessing the little black box doesnt store anything on it.

Id be interested to know if anyone else can reproduce this. It is Family Guy episode 4 on catch up on Fox, at just after 16 mins 30 seconds in (play it from 16:25 or so to be sure you dont miss it).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Additionally, I have just tried it via the app on my iPad and the fault did not occur. I'd still be intrigued if any other black box users were able to replicate the audio issue.

@Anonymous User

Yes I have noticed the same sound issue here but only when watching NOW TV (seen, or rather heard!, it on both live sports and entertainment catchup) which are viewed here via Roku 2.

As certain as I can be that it's NOT a fault with the TV because:

it NEVER happens when watching live TV (via TV's built in tuner),

it NEVER happens when watching YouView (live and playback of recordings),

it NEVER happens when watching Netflix, BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 etc (all via Roku 2 or via YouView box).

It ONLY EVER happens when watching NOW TV, so my guess is that it's due to some sort of problem with NOW TV systems at their end, and the TV is simply processing the sound and vision that it receives - including said occasional audio chirp/screech which comes out very loudly when it occurs.

The problem, as always, is that it's randomly intermittent and so will be difficult to get somebody to take serious notice of it and hunt down the cause.

Spacedeck
Scholar

Having this exact issue with the black box. PS4 app plays fine but the black box has this high pitched sound. You can rewind the program and it will continue to occur every time.

Could it be a fault in the NowTV box?
Spacedeck
Scholar

So I've do e the whole unplug devices / route and wait.
I've done the secret mrnu to force update.
I've aldo gone so far to do a factory reset.

None of the above solutions havr worked.

The newest release (Thr Secret Life of Pets) has this issue and the first time it occurs is around thr 8min 50 secs. It occurs just aad the cat is jumping off the armchair.
Spacedeck
Scholar

Okay, I'm now at the conclusion that Skys servers are at fault or an update caused the issue.

I took the box with me to my sisters at the weekend and I was getting the same sound issues that I've previously described. New house, new wiring, new plug sockets ect. The only thing the same was the NowTV box and the wires I use to connect.

Since I may have had a feeling the box could be the issue. I bought a new black box while in town today. This produces the exact same issues with the sound, even though I've tried all new wires. I even tried changing the plug adaptor I'm using. Also tried on my PC monitor via HDMI and still the same issue.

Please can this be looked into by somebody from Sky? This is an issue that seriously can't ruin the movies experience.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have noticed this one more than one Entertainment show (watching via catch up) within the last few weeks. Also watching on a Black Box.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok not sure how this forum works have just subscribed to now tv using laptop windows 10.

Sound stuttering on Now TV player on chrome, firefox makes it not worth watching.

Won't play on Microsoft Edge, and on Internet Explorer with silverrlight internet explorer won't work.

Tried resetting router.

Anything I can do or should I just cancel. Have been at this for three days without success.

The online chat takes forever no point in using it, phone number takes me to a water supply phoneline!

THanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have full wifi signal (Sky internet) and Now TV is constantly losing sound when streaming Game of Thrones and Twin Peaks. Pretty infuriating. Any solutions out there? 

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi and welcome to the forum @Anonymous User,

Sorry to hear you're having problems. First things first: -

• What's the make and model number of the device(s) you're using to access and play NOW TV content?
    [ie: a NOW TV 'black' box, a NOW TV 'white' box or a NOW TV 'Smart' box. Or a 'Games Console' of some type, a 'Set Top Box' of some type, a 'Smartphone' of some type, a 'Tablet' of some type, a 'Windows PC', a 'Mac' computer or another type of device]
  • If you are using a computer, what's the operating system version?
  • How is your NOW TV playback device connected to the internet. Is it via a hard-wired or wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection?
  • If you are using a wireless (WiFi) ethernet connection, have you selected your routers 2.4GHz or 5GHz frequency band/channel option?

Sufficed to say, the more detailed information you are able to provide, the easier it will be for us NOW TV forum members and/or a NOW TV Team member to work out a solution for you!

Cheers