cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: Sound breaking up AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rich-L

the sound on the box breaks up no matter what channel or program you watch,your boxes are badly designed and if its not sorted by march 31 i will be cancelling my subscription.

it is not only on my now tv box but also on my daughters bow who lives 1/2 mile up the road.

stop passing the buck and blame tv channels and get the boxes sorted out.

Colin.

66 REPLIES 66
Anonymous User
Not applicable
but the boxes are manufactured by sky and as always their boxes r crap,my
black box is not the smart black box but the smaller one.your company need
to complain to sky about their eqiupment.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
but the boxes are manufactured by sky and as always their boxes r crap, my black box is not the smart black box but the smaller one. your company need to complain to sky about their eqiupment.

Ok @Anonymous User,

Lets try this another way... If there was a major problem with 'black' boxes sound output, the NOW TV Box (black) area of the forum would full of complaining posts - However, there are none!

And as I said before "I had a 'black' box directly connected to one of my TV's for a number of months and don't remember having any major audio issues with NOW TV content."

So the most likely causes are... Either your 'black' box has developed a fault. Or your TV's HDMI input has developed a fault!

Cheers

Request to the NOW TV Team Members: Given that @Anonymous User's issue does not relate to running the NOW TV app on an PlayStation 4 Device, how about moving his posts into the forums dedicated NOW TV Box (black) sub-section (or wherever is more suitable)?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Once again another series another issue - sound breaking up on criminal minds S1 Ep4. 

WHY ARE YOU NOT CAPABLE OF DEALING WITH THIS CONSISTENT PROBLEM ACROSS ALL PLATFORMS!?

Incompetant doesn't even come close. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Apologise for the inconvenience.

Criminal Minds is available on Sky Living as well as ABC Studios. So if your getting this issue on Sky Living, please try ABC Studios one or vice versa. 

Please let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

I've purchased a new Now TV Box (black) this weekend and we're getting some issues with sound. 

At least once every half-hour the sound will suddenly  cut out for a second or two. The image is not affected. 

Rewinding the show it the point of the cut out and the sound will be there, so it doesn't feel like an issue with the show's encoding.

I've tried three different HDMI cables and three different HDMI ports in the TV. 

I'm using a wired internet connection on a virgin connection at over 125 Mbps download speed. 

The issue is occuring on multiple apps, including Now TV and iPlayer. 

I've also set the audio to no longer auto detect audio set up (just using Stereo through the telly) but that has made no difference. 

I see a few people mention this issue but can't find a single concrete answer about the cause or a working solution - does anyone have any advice or is it a faulty box?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User   I had the same problem with the Black NOW TV box. As you mention the sound would cut out (only for a second or two, the picture was ok. This happened about every half hour or so...so did spoil a few shows/movies I watched..and rewinding the sound was there). I did buy another black box and the same happened with that one. I have now got a NOW TV Smart TV box & having no sound dropouts...so it must have something too do with those black boxes. I had the original 'white' box & there was no problem with the sound on there.

I tried the black box in other peoples homes & different internet companies etc & the same happend with those sound drop outs.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Sorry for the late reply can you advise if you are still having this issue? If so can you try updating the software to see if this helps or improves the service for you. You can update the software by pressing the following>

• Home Button 5 times
  • Fast Forward 3 times
  • Rewind 2 times

This will take you to the hidden settings page you should see an option to update the software so try this out to see if anything changes 🙂

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Cheers for the reply Eddie.

System did update on Saturday when we first plugged it in but I'll try again.

Problem still happening every time I watch a show but will try tonight now it's updated again and let you know.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

Let us know how you get on sometimes forcing an update it will over ride the one thats their and hopefully fix the problem.

Thanks

Eddie

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, 

Afraid the problem is exactly the same again. Still getting a second or two of the sound cutting out randomly I'm afraid. Updates doesn't seem to have made any difference.