cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

Profiles for multiple users

Apologies if there is a thread created for this already, not remotely used to the new forum layout and trying to find a page to post new ideas for Now TV.

Something I have always preferred Netflix over Now TV is the fact you can create up to 5 profiles for users that will be watching content via your account. Which I have found very handy when watching TV shows and films, where the continue watching or "my list" aka 'watchlist' isn't clogged up with other users shows/films, making it much easier to pick up where you left off instead of thinking, ok what have I watched?

As handy as the continue watching and watch lists sections are they are useless when family members are watching their shows and worse yet the same programs overwritting what you have watched or yet to watch. Making it sometimes impossible to remember where you were with a show or a film. 

If user profiles were added this would make viewing content on Now TV much easier espeically if more than 1 user watches content on your account. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Absolute dealbreaker. On the edge of dropping netflix for Now TV Entertainment pass for the house but without user profiles the user experience is awful. Honestly reconsidering.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Also Disney+ have the option to create up to 7 user profiles. Which we will see on launch in a matter of days now. 

Disney owned Hulu (currently US only) allows users to create profiles too, which Hulu will be launching internationally sometime in 2021. 

HBO Max (US only) when it launches in May will also allow users to create profiles (Due to launch in some parts of Europe in 2021). 

It is the way the streaming world is going and Now TV as usual will no doubt be left miles behind.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Come on Sky! Even Amazon prime has profiles now. You are supposed to be leading the UK, but seem backwards. Give us some good news for a change and announce when we can look forward to user profiles on NowTV.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

If they weren't competing with their big brother (Sky TV/Q) they would have implemented this and other things a long time ago. They would have 4K, 5.1 surround or better, and multiple profiles all included in the current price of a single sub a long time ago, and not have all the different subscriptions either.
They can't offer something in a low(ish) subscription that they don't have in their stupidly priced premium TV box packages yet.
I had an email earlier today saying there is another price increase for Entertainment, so the price has doubled in about 5/6 years, from £4.99 to £9.99.
I have been on a deal for the last few years, so if I can't get another deal at the end of the current offer I will have to consider whether I want to continue with a sub.
Talking of subs, made me think how long it took them to bring subtitles to the service, and the provision of that is still patchy.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Looking to bump this as it would be the most used feature of now TV and is something that at least 80% of its users need\want.

Please can you let us know what's happening with user profiles coming to now TV?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is a deal breaker for me, I just signed up for the free trail and can't believe this has not been implemented like every other streaming service you can pay for (Netflix, Amazon, Disney+ etc), that means shared 'My List' of programs and where you are at in watching movies and series which is really bad as I can't tell where I and anyone else in my household are at when watching episodic TV.

I really think I may cancel after the free trail as NowTV is an expensive streaming service when compared to the others I listed above and has not yet got the main functionality done and by the looks of it is not going to either as this thread was started in 2018

Anonymous User
Not applicable

this is SO needed. been asking NowTV for a long time. I get that it's probably actually a huge thing to do technically but seriously it would be a game changer for users!

RoyB
Legend

It should at least come with Boost, where Now acknowledge that more than one person could be using their service, charge for the privilege.but provide no means of keeping each persons progress apart 😢

And it’s high time Now started remembering when subtitles are in use.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.