cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem with National Geographic pixellating

Currently watching trafficked on National Geographic channel (9:30pm) &  the picture starts to get blocky intermittently,I’ve had this issue previously when watching Air crash investigation at 11pm weeekdays, it doesn’t happen with any other channel 

there’s no problem with my internet connection either I have a 108mbs fibre connection which doesn’t change

using the Nowtv app on a Samsung smart tv

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Izzie-T 

iIt’s still happening, pixelating quite badly & sound drop outs 

Sun 21/3  National Geographic Live 9:45PM Marina Van Zeller investigates 

I’m getting sick of paying for a substandard service

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thank you for your message again.

The team has been trail back and looking at their data of all the previous reported time. They cannot verify this issue from our side. 

However I will still send this to the team to have another try again.

The other possibility of for this pixelating would be from your Internet provider/area, could be fluctuating at the time for some high or specific requests. That greatly affects the internet speed in the area. 

I will update you if the team has any further news.

Thank you very much for your help. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Izzie-T 

Thanks for your reply,i can assure you that the problem does not lie with my internet & speed fluctuations, i tested the speed on Thinkbroadband.com  speed test on the tv internet browser just after this occurance,i did the same after the last occurances also, this time it showed a speed of 103mbs (95mbs tbbs) with a ping of 43ms,like i've said in the past i can stream from Netflix, AmazonPrime video & Disney + all in 4khd without issue

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Izzie-T 

The only possible issues at my end could be the Nowtv app on my Samsung tv

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User 

That is true, Samsung TV does have some records of issue playing NOW. 

Will see if they can verify anything further. 

Thank you for your feedback.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.