cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Problem with National Geographic pixellating

Currently watching trafficked on National Geographic channel (9:30pm) &  the picture starts to get blocky intermittently,I’ve had this issue previously when watching Air crash investigation at 11pm weeekdays, it doesn’t happen with any other channel 

there’s no problem with my internet connection either I have a 108mbs fibre connection which doesn’t change

using the Nowtv app on a Samsung smart tv

14 REPLIES 14
Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thank you for your message.

Can I please ask you if you are watching the live channel or On Demand, please?

• If basic troubleshooting is done-(for unplug device/uninstall app, clear all history on device, smart TV & app. )
• Content name
• Season and Ep numbers
• If possible also timing of the problem happens in Ep
• Device types
• if it is samsung Smart TV, is that just using the app or if you use stick too.
• Area: UK or ROI
• Image or video of problem if possible

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Izzie-T 

Thanks for replying

Watching live

Samsung smart tv app only

content as mentioned : Trafficked S1 e2

(Air crash investigation 11pm)

timing:  9;30pm & others (Sun 14/2/20)

Area : UK

Idon't see the point in deleting & re installing the app, as the other channels are fine,it's just Nat Geo that has the issue,i can't provide a screeenshot,it's not like i'm watching this on a mobile device or a pc,when i'm watching it on tv

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thank you for your reply.

We will submit the information for investigation queue, and will try to update you as soon as I have more information from the tech team.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User 

The team replied that they will take time to monitor the issue for the investigation. 

However, if you have any more time or date seen this happens again, please do let us know.

Thank you very much for your help.

*Please note that I am only able to look into on content related queries, any account, offer, etc related, please contact our customer team or live chat for help. Thank you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Izzie-T 
Thu 25/2/21 10:59pm

National geographic

Megafactories  s2 ep5 Audi 

pixellating  briefly at end of episode

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Izzie-T 
Fri 26/2/21 10:40pm 

National geographic 

viewing live

Europe from above  s1 ep2

pixellating

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Izzie-T sent me a PM early last week to say that she is on holidays until Monday the 1st of March 2021.

So you might be better off making NowTV Live Chat aware of the picture issues on National Geographic (unless you can wait until Izzie is back next week to pass this info onto the relevant NowTV Technical Team).

Unfortunately i won't be able to help, where i am a customer just like your good self.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply,i'm quite happy to wait for izzie-t to pick this up on her return,as she asked if i could mention any further issues & the tech team would take a while to look at this

Izzie-T
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

Hi @Anonymous User 

Thank you for letting us know about the issue info. 

I hope forwarded the detail to the team. I am sorry I cannot guarantee a fix at present. However all the info from you is a very important data and evident that helps us to push any changes and improvement.

Thank you and do keep messaging me anytime.