cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre-episode advert/trailer

Just noticed this today (never seen it before in 8 months of viewing) - after selecting an episode of something in the watchlist, a 15 second pre-episode NOW TV advert/trailer for some other TV show played first then it began playing the selected episode.

I quite liked having no adverts and trailers on NOW TV Entertainment!

Is this the future then for NOW TV Entertainment?

146 REPLIES 146
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The same annoying sky one ad appears in the middle of many of the modern family episodes. The preshow trailers that can't be skipped and endlessly repeat themselves, come up before various episodes. Both a waste of time and interrupt valuable viewing time. Either have ads and don't charge people or charge people and don't have ads... charging people to watch sky ads just isn't cricket. Won't be continuing my subscription.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Don't know if you've ever had Sky, but the platform is full of ads, even if you pay £100 a month.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User wrote:

Don't know if you've ever had Sky, but the platform is full of ads, even if you pay £100 a month.

That's one of the reasons why I've never had Sky, and why I signed up for Now TV.

If they start making the platform similar to the intrusive viewing experience of much of Sky (and the commercial TV channels) expect people to vote with their feet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Reading other forums I think we should count ourselves lucky as Sky customers are forever complainjng their On Demand content is riddled with ads and promos.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User 

Before I joined up with Now TV 4 plus years ago I had Sky TV and I used the on demand section for watching content, back then it was shocking for adverts at the start and during the shows. 

This gave me another reason to leave Sky when I found Now TV. 

Although the adverts are far worse on Sky go via the PlayStation 4, which I use a friends account from time to time. 

As long as Now TV keep the on-demand pre advert/trailer to a minimum then I can deal with it. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Although the skip button appears when using iOs app, there isn’t one on the LG TV app and it is causing issues with the actual program hanging. Will the the LG TV app be updated?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've been presented with the trailer for the show Ballers several times now before different programs I've been watching. It is not skippable. There is quite a long pause while it loads. I do not appreciate it. I tend to change input channel while I spam the button to switch off NowTv.

I would probably consider watching a short video of upcoming shows if it were available but at a point of my choosing not in between episodes of a show I'm binge watching.

Essentially this is extremely irritating and I've already seen the start of that show and decided not to watch more (just not for me guys) so your ad is wasting my time.

mal58
Advocate

I wish I could turn off the trailers. I'm so fed up with them I think I'll hurry through my favourite series and move to Netflix.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

dr_necessitor wrote:

Can only hope it proves highly unpopular with customers!

Unpopular with me.  Just changed box and wasn't quite sure where I had left Sopranos in series 1 and had all of the un-skippable previews before I could find out. (sigh).  And none of them were of the slightest interest to me.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yup , Pre episode trailers are not skippable for me, and not relevant, and not wanted. I dont mind watching trailers , but prefer to chose which ones and when.